Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Below 70%
That's easily achievable, never charge above 50% and then just let it sit and low states of charge often.

If it's showing red under any load then a bit of heavy loading should help bring that to the fore when at lower charge levels as well...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
340 mile weekly round trip? Cripes. You must have the patience of a saint :)

Hope Kia do the sensible thing and replace enough of the battery so that it's not just sitting at 71% SOH afterwards :rolleyes:
It's easier to replace the pack as I don't believe any dealership in the UK has the training to replace individual cells yet. Even nissan only have 2.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It's dropped to 60.4% this evening...just sitting there.
It's sounds like your weekly cycle is doing a good job of killing off that weak cell and the BMS is seeing that now as it's pulling the whole pack down with it as it's triggering the low voltage thresholds earlier than the others. Would be interesting to see a leafspy style version which shows each cell and if it charges quicker than the others as well and thus your not even getting near full as it's getting there first and draining first as it's starting to fail.

I'm sure I've seen a leaf displaying a drop similar to this before on here or another forum and when the pack was stripped there were some modules of cells that had ballooned.... Maybe advise the dealer not to leave it at a low state of charge for long or near other cars until the pack is pulled out incase it does the full Kia/Samsung experience...

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
KIA are taking the car in today. SOH of health is 60.4%. They can't use the data harvested from SoulSpy as it is 3rd party software so I'm hoping their diagnostics will pick up the low SOH.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts