Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Maybe I'm being unkind but that video reviewer is implying Kia has invented those technologies. Ooohhh regenerative braking, preheating. And aerodynamic?? If it was red it could pass for Postman Pat's van.

Also, can it really give 132 mile range on a 5 hour domestic charge?

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Infomercial surely. But 200km range, that's more than enough for all the suburban second cars out there. The only bad point is that it's going to become harder and harder to realise if a car is electric or not ;-)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the guy is a little funny, but the i3 is as ugly as they come and I think the kia is right up there with the ugly EV's, but I kind of Like it. Iv seen the soul in black and it's nice. But it's sure is ugly but if it's true it will Match the zoe on range

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
100 miles real world. I quite like the i3 as a City car.

Was watching video whilst watching TV. What's the bit about rpm on an EV?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Bit more competition can't hurt but I find it uncanny how they all end up with a range within a few miles of each other - or are the batteries all made by Elon ?:)
Any price on tthe soul yet ?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
What is revolving? I guess the electric motor - but I hadn't heard of rpm in relation to EVs.

You can tell I'm not an engineer...;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Discovered the battery is 27kWh, so unlikely to have earth shattering real world range?
No your right I think it will do 130miles no more, I can do over 130miles on 24kw, so I'm sure 27kw could do it, but the kia is equipped to charge at 100kw 20min recharge, so when ecotricity is ready to put its power out put up, the kia will be ready

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
No your right I think it will do 130miles no more, I can do over 130miles on 24kw, so I'm sure 27kw could do it, but the kia is equipped to charge at 100kw 20min recharge, so when ecotricity is ready to put its power out put up, the kia will be ready
Now that's newsworthy !

·
Atilla
299 Posts
Maybe I'm being unkind but that video reviewer is implying Kia has invented those technologies. Ooohhh regenerative braking, preheating. And aerodynamic?? If it was red it could pass for Postman Pat's van.

Also, can it really give 132 mile range on a 5 hour domestic charge?
We're getting about 110 mile max range, average about 4.3 miles/kWh, running the A/C. The 7kW domestic charger can recharge from nearly empty in 5 hours, 3kW more like 12 hours. It's not a low-drag body, but it has character and is a real 'Marmite' car!

Reactions: John Riley

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Indeed....it has grown on me and when I see a Soul I look to see if it's electric; but I don't think I've seen one in the flesh.

Reactions: Paul

·
Atilla
299 Posts
Indeed....it has grown on me and when I see a Soul I look to see if it's electric; but I don't think I've seen one in the flesh.
So far there are very few. Most are bright blue with a white roof, which is not available with fossil power (silver also available). The nose is different as it is colour coded with a solid 'grille' panel, the taillights are different and the wheels have white aero inserts.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Kia don't seem interested in me buying one. I contacted the relevant dealer to set up a test drive, agreed a date, then they backtracked and said it was going to be in use and so we cancelled, but now they haven't responded to two calls to set up an alternative date. Given up, which is a pity as I've become more interested in it the more I've learnt about it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts