Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Well, that was, um, different...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
Haha come that's funny as hell, what that's got to do with a car is beyond me
Yeah it was funny, both haha and odd. Apparently Kia use these hamsters lot in their US adverts, but it was the first time I'd sen them!

Registered
Range for US is 120 miles city and 92 highway, in reality probably a bit more range than the Leaf as the battery is 27KW v 24.

Registered
I would say if they give there standard seven year warranty they will sell a lot

Registered
Kia 7 year transferable warranty is why we have a Ceed XR ICE.
They fixed everything I snagged on each annual service for free so it worked just as advertised including replacement rear springs and even front and rear calipers at 6 years in!
Original auxiliary battery still cranks the diesel after a month of not being used whilst we use the Leaf.
Pretty impressed really after 6 years of totally reliable very cheap motoring. It is out of warranty now with 75K miles so will now get to use the warranty investment again for the forseable future.

Registered
A German motoring magazine just posted this range-off between a BMW i3 and Kia Soul EV. They wanted to see what range these cars would manage when driven roughly 1/3 motorway, 1/3 country lanes and 1/3 urban roads. The i3 managed 167km and the Soul managed 210km.

They said the i3 was the more exciting and sportier car, but the Soul was more comfortable.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #16

Registered
Given that the battery is ~12.5% bigger than the Leaf, the Leaf would probably get an EPA range of ~95 miles with the same battery.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #20
Given that the battery is ~12.5% bigger than the Leaf, the Leaf would probably get an EPA range of ~95 miles with the same battery.
Yes - which is just over the 93 EPA range for the Soul EV.
So... the Leaf must have about the same aero as the Soul.....?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts