Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for the Kia Soul PS EV (that upto and including model year 2018 but not the 64kWh battery one), can anyone post a photo of how a Spacesaver spare wheel fits in the boot. Also will a 15" rim fit over the front brake caliper. The tyre size also please.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the answers are in this thread: Kia UK’s advice on dealing with a puncture...

Specifically, #8 for the information and #20 for the illustrations. I do not think a 15" rim would fit, but, as you will see, my spacesaver is 16".
Thanks Ian, excuse my lack of reading all of the referenced thread.

Still looking at this from different points of view. Considering that the spacesaver only needs to cover a flat rear wheel (front would get a swop from the rear, the largish diameter difference of a 125/80R16 versus the original should be tolerable.

Now to find a decent jack?

·
Registered
107 Posts
As I said, the jack from an ICE Soul fits perfectly to the jacking points. Should be able to find one on EBay

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Still looking at this from different points of view. Considering that the spacesaver only needs to cover a flat rear wheel (front would get a swop from the rear, the largish diameter difference of a 125/80R16 versus the original should be tolerable.

Photo shows Soul Spacesaver 16" spare trial fit. Jack is a Sealey hydraulic scissor jack. Easy to lift, comes in a nice plastic case

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No photo showing. Does the jack top fit in the slots in the chassis?
Ian, a problem with the phone camera, will sort later.

Here's a link to the hydraulic scissor jack

Its been tested front and rear by my (small) wife and passed that test with flying colours.

Its only rated 700kg but a lot more sturdy than screw scissor jacks rated > twice that load.

It appears to be a special leak proof hydraulic design, so that it can be stored in its plastic case with the hydraulic cylinder laying down flat.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ian, a problem with the phone camera, will sort later.

Here's a link to the hydraulic scissor jack

Its been tested front and rear by my (small) wife and passed that test with flying colours.

Its only rated 700kg but a lot more sturdy than screw scissor jacks rated > twice that load.

It appears to be a special leak proof hydraulic design, so that it can be stored in its plastic case with the hydraulic cylinder laying down flat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like that, as the standard Kia jack can give you skinned knuckles as you crank it, if you're not careful.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Now changed tyre to a full size diameter 135/90r16 Continental. Should be good enough to complete a journey at 50mph if needs must. The 125/80r16 was way too small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts