Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost two months ago I posted on here about the confusion of trying t get Kia's after care offer in place to recover my E-Niro after it had been stolen. The after care team refused to process my claim with the insurer (LV) as there was no body work required. After care is effectively a body shop used by Kia. After much delay my car went to LV's body shop and from there, after about ten days since the theft, to the Kia dealer we bought the car from. From April 20th to June 4th, no sign of the car - waiting on parts. On the 4th we were told it will be the end of the month (end of June) as Kia are waiting for a replacement loom.

I assume I am not the only Kia customer waiting on spare parts for their vehicle in order to get back on the road. It looks almost certain it will be some time in July before the car is returned. Anyone else have this problem and is this specific to Kia or are most manufacturers facing the same problem? I find it amazing the supply chain ceases to function for after sales service.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Almost two months ago I posted on here about the confusion of trying t get Kia's after care offer in place to recover my E-Niro after it had been stolen. The after care team refused to process my claim with the insurer (LV) as there was no body work required. After care is effectively a body shop used by Kia. After much delay my car went to LV's body shop and from there, after about ten days since the theft, to the Kia dealer we bought the car from. From April 20th to June 4th, no sign of the car - waiting on parts. On the 4th we were told it will be the end of the month (end of June) as Kia are waiting for a replacement loom.

I assume I am not the only Kia customer waiting on spare parts for their vehicle in order to get back on the road. It looks almost certain it will be some time in July before the car is returned. Anyone else have this problem and is this specific to Kia or are most manufacturers facing the same problem? I find it amazing the supply chain ceases to function for after sales service.
Hi OP, is your insurer providing you with a replacement vehicle. Surely that is the most important impact on your day to day life???
Regarding a spare loom, thus is not a normal service spare item and its not a normal body repair item like a wing or bumper either: so inevitably there will be lengthy delays obtaining this sort of replacement part.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,563 Posts
There are huge dekays with international shipping at the moment, which is likely the problem. Whether they should be able to send by another means is a good question, and also why there’s seems to be no spares held in the UK is also a question worth asking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi FreddyM, Yes we have a courtesy car - a blooming ICE Nissan. I'd forgotten how expensive petrol is. As Idiotzoo says, the issue is why there seems to be no or few spares held in the UK. For Kia, currently heavily promoting the company, this seems a shot in the foot.
One word to all keyless entry / ignition system owners - protect your fob from being scanned. The cause of all my problems!

Hi OP, is your insurer providing you with a replacement vehicle. Surely that is the most important impact on your day to day life???
Regarding a spare loom, thus is not a normal service spare item and its not a normal body repair item like a wing or bumper either: so inevitably there will be lengthy delays obtaining this sort of replacement part.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
It’s a bit scandalous that many manufacturers have yet to implement any steps to stop this relay theft tactic.

This is Money covered the situation pretty well a year ago;

This was the state of play across the car manufacturers as of Feb 2020. If your car brand has a red X next to it, invest in some pouches for the keys.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,563 Posts
Yes that's a bit of a shocker. Definitely going to have to look at some key security.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,465 Posts
There is usually something in the user manual saying don't use it.

Tesla's pin to drive is a simple solution.

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
291 Posts
Very sorry to hear this happened. Out if interest, would you mind telling us what the sequence of events was that enabled them to relieve you of your car? I completely understand if not though.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am an uber driver and I cannot work for 2 weeks now, and still they don't know eveb the problem. Maybe gearbox and it is the problem, to get that part another week minimum until they will get it! Unbelievable!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok!
So my whole story is this.
I have a 2019 eNiro what I bought for work because I am an uber driver and my prius reached the 10 years old so I had to change. At the first lockdown I was scared about the finance but thank god I got it. But...
Nobody go to Kia Romford, because my car was a testcar, and they told next week I can take it, it was 1 and half month withouth work and income... Plus I told them I need MOT but they didnt believe me that tfl after 1 year old want MOT every half year and they didn't check it, and didn't do it even I told them min 4 times, I need that. ( And the car gas 3 years free MOT in my sale) but I had to take it to 3rd party mot place to get it, because they said they are fully booked and cant make one when I got the car after 1,5 month waiting to V5C. Ok, at least After my circus they get my receipt and paid me back.. not like the 2nd MOT. the salesbitch didnt pick up the phone ever and or reply to my mails, and if course didnt respond to my receipt as well.
Now I am using Kia Stevenage, its much closer and nicer...but about 2 weeks before from tyres ares came a metalic noise until 20-25 mi/h so I took it to service. But they only recorded the sound and sent it to kia and they are waiting a respond from kia what is the problem and how to solve it! Unbelievable! What kind or mechanics are there? When I wanted just more usb plugs, few months before, I got that, thay cannot! In an electric car I cannot get electricity for my gadgets... !!!???
Anyway...
Now after two weeks they told me, even if kia answers and if they will say the gearbox is the problem, minimum another week when they will get it and another when they will make the repair! What the fuck!?
And this company is supporting the UK and London big electric cab changings!? How?? A driver cant wait a month or more to get the car back! After the lockdown when barely had passengers, now when I could work the KIA playing with my nerves! And I have to pay the finance, and insurance, plus rent a car plus insure that too, just to earn some money.
Which is even less because uber took avay the extra ev money (15p/mi) they reducing the price when EVERYTHING WENT TO DOUBLE PRICE because of the covid and Brexit and inflation! So its all just nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts