Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone used this service from Kia? Wondering if it is a genuine help or likely to be more long winded than going via the insurer direct (LV in this case).

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
347 Posts
Hi, has anyone used this service from Kia? Wondering if it is a genuine help or likely to be more long winded than going via the insurer direct (LV in this case).
Interested in this as well, with LV also. Not sure how it would work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interested in this as well, with LV also. Not sure how it would work.
Not impressed. The carrot was it would be genuine Kia parts, £250 towards the excess cost etc. But this was following the theft of the car which entailed braking off parts of the dash messing with the electrics, breaking the steering lock and destroying various bits of trim and messing up the brakes. BUT as no body work damage occurred, Kia don't deal with it, it has to go to LV direct. Mystery of how anyone can get the car started and driven off without key fob? But maybe that's another issue. Anyway after wasting hours talking to Kia who also took 4.5 hours to get the vehicle recovered we're sorting it out with LV.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
347 Posts
Not impressed. The carrot was it would be genuine Kia parts, £250 towards the excess cost etc. But this was following the theft of the car which entailed braking off parts of the dash messing with the electrics, breaking the steering lock and destroying various bits of trim and messing up the brakes. BUT as no body work damage occurred, Kia don't deal with it, it has to go to LV direct. Mystery of how anyone can get the car started and driven off without key fob? But maybe that's another issue. Anyway after wasting hours talking to Kia who also took 4.5 hours to get the vehicle recovered we're sorting it out with LV.
Thanks for this information sorry to hear it was hassle.
To be honest any repairs would have to use genuine Kia parts as I can’t see where else you would get them.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
971 Posts
Sorry to hear it was stolen. They may have used relay theft equipment to drive it away. Do you keep your fob inside a faraday screening pouch? Peter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think some form of relay theft is quite likely and why they only drove a mile away as the car "resisted" moving.
They played around with the electrics, break-in cup the trim but I suspect it was parked on an estate road for future collection and maybe to be broken up.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think some form of relay theft is quite likely and why they only drove a mile away as the car "resisted" moving.
They played around with the electrics, break-in cup the trim but I suspect it was parked on an estate road for future collection and maybe to be broken up.
But UVO located it first. That certainly worked this time!

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
971 Posts
Low life scum. I don’t suppose they were caught. Why on earth would they smash the dash like that? What could that achieve?
This is the first EV theft I’ve heard of. Very depressing really. Good that UVO worked this time! I hope you get it sorted really quickly. Peter.

Reactions: Lasvegas666

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
So the old adage that nobody in their right mind steals an EV cos it’ll run out of juice a mile away holds true 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts