Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Does anyone know why the Outlander PHEV has the kickdown switch ?
There is no gears to drop down and reduce ?
Not seem to do anything at all when pedal is fully pressed ?
Tried double kick and no difference.
Mercedes had a single and double gear drop when kicked once or twice but phev has no gears .... :) What's the point ?
Cheers !

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
I don't have one of these cars, but does the outlander happen to have speed limiter or cruise control features? You'll probably find that if you press all the way down to this switch while on a limiter it will override and go to full acceleration. If you have eco mode to dull down acceleration, it may well override that too. This is the case on a few other EVs like the Renault Zoe, off the top of my head.

Or maybe Mitsubishi are just being cheap and taking parts from other ICE models and reusing them in this car, even if its of zero use to this type of vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 80698.
Yes it does have both speed limiter and cruise control but doesn't override none of them unfortunately. Or you can be right in saying that Mitsubishi just used some part from other shitty car and wacked it in to shitty Outlander.
Would not surprise me at all...
Bought one. Will newer again. My fault . Stuck with it for 5 years now.
Saving for Tesla. Lol

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
With drive by wire it’s unlikely to be a physical switch these days as they can save 25p and just add some software to handle things.
Maybe there’s a fault with your vehicle as you should always be able to break out of speed limiter/cruise control by mashing the accelerator or touching the brake (As far as I know)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ! Sorry .
Yes you can brake out from cruise control and that... I thought you ment the maximum speed electronic limiter. . . And no I can't brake out of this one. Apparently you can disable it with mut3 so it is faster but I can't find enough on this and nobody has one for hire. Cheers At.
I'll do some acceleration tests with button pressed and off . See what it does. The more questions I have the more I realized that people don't know much about this bloody car at all......
o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts