Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a) how do I force the site to English ? It was when I registered an account, now when I log back in, it is all in french.

b) On the screen to order a card, there's a field under the postcode field that I can't seem to change. I changed the country at the top to R U , and I saw Etranger in the special field under postcode, but when I tried to select it ( Etranger) it disappears and I can't select anything. Result = cannot submit the form .

·
Registered
922 Posts
You need to fill it in in French. They hate us, so any hint that a 'Rosbif' is applying will be rejected.

Leave the country as 'France' but type 'Angleterre' in the last line of your address. Don't meddle with the 9999 postcode, or it will crash as you noticed.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Stung me £17.55 gbp equiv for the basic card service.
( the payment screens were in English .... so that bit helped but school French is plenty sufficient to work it all out anyway)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Glad to hear it works for you. I received my KiWhi pass today. To validate the card, you need to enter numbers from both sides of the card, your car's reg no, and VIN. (Goodness knows why. Does it get you free parking as well?)

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
243 Posts
Thanks gents. This floored me on my recent trip through france. There was a charger at an auchan where i swapped my drivers license for the store card. Now i hopefully wont have that embarrassment. Ironically i tried to order one to get delivered half way through my trip to germany to avoid issues on the return leg but turns out that its either not just the english they dislike or general incompetence when designing a website. I sent them a email to try to get a card but never got a reply. Quel suprise.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I guess they're worried about electric German tanks paying a visit. :)

The charger map is a bit odd. On the widest view you can see chargers in Ireland and even Latvia. Try and look at an individual one though, and the map vanishes.

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
243 Posts
So i see what you mean about the map. I wonder which network it is in 🇮🇪 that uses their card?

·
Registered
243 Posts
feels like too many on the numbers for the chargers to be just Ionity.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have you looked at the map of European Charging stations for Izvia? La carte des bornes de recharge pour vos trajets en voiture électrique !
I have now. I don't think the coverage is that great, its a few newmotion site and some franklin energy ones near me in Manchester.

Just so bizarre that the governments are not compelling the energy companies to make them use debit/credit cards more actively (I know the Conservatives have mandated this on new installs). It's strange how regressive it is and that we tolerate it when we would be pissed about it if we had a petrol car and were literally forced into having to use a loyalty card to access each brands pumps.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Card now arrived and activated on the site. No idea when i will need it now but when i do i will be happy for it all the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts