Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
At about 20k miles, I charged to 100% and checked my SoC BMS vs. SoC Display. My SoC BMS was 95.5% when my SoC Display was at 100%. Now, when I charge to 100%, my SoC BMS is 96.5% when my SoC Display is 100%. So, it appears that it moves degradation to the "buffer" and you actually won't see reduced range until the buffer is used up due to degradation.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
At about 20k miles, I charged to 100% and checked my SoC BMS vs. SoC Display. My SoC BMS was 95.5% when my SoC Display was at 100%. Now, when I charge to 100%, my SoC BMS is 96.5% when my SoC Display is 100%. So, it appears that it moves degradation to the "buffer" and you actually won't see reduced range until the buffer is used up due to degradation.
Have you had the BMS update done there are some reports that the buffer was lowered in the update freeing up some of the battery for use, If I charged to 100% mine was always 95% BMS 100% SOC, but lower in the charging cycle it could be much lower EG 18% BMS 19% SOC

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If anyone see SOH displayed as less than 100% on Soul EV Spy, I will appreciate a screenshot: Soul EV Spy - Apps on Google Play
I have asked my dealer about this multiple times, and they have advised there is no SOH recording in the system, it is simply a GOOD/BAD Switch from Green to Red at 70%... So None of these cars will show and change till they hit the magic 70% SOH which triggers the Bad Indication in GDS, So in the OBD apps it will always show 100% SOH till that point

I would prefer it like the Zoe system which tracks the drop in SOH accurately.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If anyone see SOH displayed as less than 100% on Soul EV Spy, I will appreciate a screenshot: Soul EV Spy - Apps on Google Play
Soul EV Spy Lite no longer works with 2019/2020 Kona's after the latest BMS update. Several screens are blank like Cell Map, BMS, Eneregy and Power etc which is quite strange as all of that data still shows in Torque Pro.

John.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you had the BMS update done there are some reports that the buffer was lowered in the update freeing up some of the battery for use, If I charged to 100% mine was always 95% BMS 100% SOC, but lower in the charging cycle it could be much lower EG 18% BMS 19% SOC
I had the update done about a week ago. I have not charged to 100% since the update.. I did check my charging curve but it was not what I expected.. Different from yours.. I charged on a 150kw charger... Battery cooling was on for the entire session as I'm in Florida and it is very hot.. That takes about 2.5kw from the charge number.. Started out at 72kw just before battery management came on and it charged between 66 and 69kw from about 15% to 54% and then dropped to 44 to 46kw from 54 to 76%. Dropped to around 35kw between 76 and 78% and just after hitting 78%, it dropped to around 24kw..
On a 50kw charger, it started at 44kw and went to 46kw at 76% when it dropped to 35kw and to 24kw just after 78%..
This does not match the curves posted here. Not sure if the US update is different from the Euro update.. I may send my graphs to Hyundai to see if anything went wrong with my update.. I did lose the Battery Saver options and my 12 volt battery now is always at a higher voltage..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Soul EV Spy Lite no longer works with 2019/2020 Kona's after the latest BMS update. Several screens are blank like Cell Map, BMS, Eneregy and Power etc which is quite strange as all of that data still shows in Torque Pro.
I believe there was a change in the BMS data format. I fixed the Soul EV Spy (paid versioon) to handle this, recently, in version 1.0.4-946.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts