Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The K.E. is a great car but marred a little by the low quality and poorly shielded reversing camera. I find an annoying aspect is water on the lens migrating from the tailgate after and during rain. To reduce this I have designed and 3d printed a lens hood that attaches by means of longer screws in the rear number plate lamps.
I wanted to avoid anything too permanent i.e. no adhesives etc., in case I improve it later. In fact it seems pretty satisfactory so far.
If any one wants to do something similar, I have posted the details on Thingiverse. below
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4164727/apps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good idea - does it avoid that the dirt attaches to the camera when driving through rain ? For that may be a clear glass "window " might be an additonal idea ? It will not stop the dirt, but I get the feeling that by the time the lens will gets scratches if I clean it often.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Low quality camera - agree- the new modell MY2020 has a much better quality cam. Wonder whether I could swap the old one with a new one from the 2020 modell?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Low quality camera - agree- the new modell MY2020 has a much better quality cam. Wonder whether I could swap the old one with a new one from the 2020 modell?
I didn't realise that. I wonder if the new camera is more tolerant to sun and better at night? It's probably worth investigating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts