Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my front headlights on the left side was toasted due to water getting in any one knows how much is the replacement cost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will I be able to get a warranty claim I’ve got the car for like 5 months now. If i need to get it replaced what will be the price like?

·
Registered
Kona 64
578 Posts
Will I be able to get a warranty claim I’ve got the car for like 5 months now. If i need to get it replaced what will be the price like?
You do not want to know the retail price or you will not sleep tonight. As long as there is no evidence of a stone chip causing the leak I do not see how they wrangle out of this.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Will I be able to get a warranty claim I’ve got the car for like 5 months now.
What country are you in?
12 months is a normal minimum warranty, but in most countries it's longer for cars.

If you have to pay then as these cars are fairly new you'll probably only be able to get actual Hyundai spares from a dealer or motor factor - there likely won't be any aftermarket stuff yet - so call them for a price.
You might get lucky at a breaker's yard.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Recently my front headlights on the left side was toasted due to water getting in any one knows how much is the replacement cost?
Depends if it’s halogen or led, price will be around 500/700 pounds plus fitting. There are no third party replacements that I’m aware. If you buy from a breakers yard (I think that will be a lucky find) double check the wiring harness against your car, the halogen and LED are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Due to a small impact
If you can reasonably claim it was accident damage (eg. in a car park) you might be able to claim on insurance.
(Though if your NCD systems are like ours it might be cheaper not to :eek: )

If it was just a stone chip you are a bit stuffed.

Lesson to all of us I guess - check those lights occasionally ... before it gets expensive.

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
It would be good to find the LED headlights as mine are Halogen and I am a SAW 👀

·
Registered
2019 Kona 65Kw 2017 Outlander phev gx4hs
539 Posts
Be aware that the wiring loom is different, so unless you hack the cable to work it wouldn’t be a straight swap.
Thanks don't want be messing with that then

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks don't want be messing with that then
I wouldn’t recommend it, it might be easy, but the LED lights do self levelling too, dunno if that’s all built into the headlight, but there are definitely extra wires I’ve checked. Lasfit claim to have a kit that works with the halogen enclosures...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts