Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The regular Kona facelift was announced, EV version should follow soon. To me it looks rather ugly, maybe the updates look better on EV:

Reminds me more of some of those new Chinese brands

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I've rarely seen a facelift look better than the first iteration.
The designers put a lot of effort into making the original a coordinated look and then a few years (or less) later have to change bits of it to make it look 'new' for marketing purposes.

·
Registered
Kona 64
577 Posts
If its 4” longer that might get the car up to Niro levels of interior and boot space. As for the facelift, Botox often goes wrong. We will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If it's just a facelift then the interior space won't be affected; it's most likely just in the cladding and bumpers, which is a bit of a waste...

Reactions: mikegs

·
Registered
Kona64
1,473 Posts
Thank you for posting. Shame near the bottom it says no real change to BEV characteristics.

This winds me up though :
New to this model is Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA), which alerts the driver if they do not react fast enough when the vehicle ahead of them starts moving.

Friggin' pay attention to the road ahead and stop looking at your Phones !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Hmm, just a word of warning, my virus checker has blocked the link to thekoreancarblog.com as it says that website's web page has a Trojan horse virus in it!

Reactions: The Music Guy

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks like the changed the front and rear bumpers, everything in between looks the same to me. The press release doesn’t say, but I wonder if those are LED matrix headlight...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now the Kona EV facelift photos are out: Hyundai Kona Electric facelift arrives with bold new look - pictures | Auto Express
I think it looks better than the ICE version. Interesting that they got rid of the "golf ball" texture in the front bumper, which was included in the IONIQ facelift.

Another change I noticed from the photos is that there are no cover flaps for the charge port anymore. So they must have changed the design of the charge port hatch. With the current design it is far from waterproof and it is real nuisance in the winter when snow accumulates under the hatch.

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,124 Posts
I think the new version looks better than the old one. Now I understand why lease companies were giving such good deals on the 'old' Kona.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,806 Posts
TBH, I'm confused why would Hyundai update the Kona if they are supposed to release only electric IONIQ marque?

Are both coming at the same time next year? :unsure:

Reactions: MikeS

·
Registered
175 Posts
That looks really nice - kinda model 3 like at the front. Will be much easier to clean.
The new digital dash looks horrible though imo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts