Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up to the 2 year service on my 2019 Kona. Can anyone point me to a simple spreadsheet itemising the checks/actions the garage should carry out for each service in the UK?
I'm sure it has been covered previously but my search isn't bringing anything up. The owners manual doesn't give it. Why do Hyundai make it difficult to find the detail. They are happy to insist the service is needed!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks EGB. At car collection I received Owners Manual, Multimedia Manual and Service Record Book. The first two are bible length tomes and the Service Record Book only 16 pages and applies to all Kona variants. Is there another manual I should have?

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
Thanks EGB. At car collection I received Owners Manual, Multimedia Manual and Service Record Book. The first two are bible length tomes and the Service Record Book only 16 pages and applies to all Kona variants. Is there another manual I should have?
I was not at home when I responded earlier. Forget my comments about the Service Book (which my dealer does stamp). The answer is here, your dealer should have issued this at each service, mine did. Mine is a 2018, Your 2019 should be the same? I think the only thing which might change is if you have a 2020 model requiring the coolant change at 40K, instead of 100K on mine.
is if you

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
An interesting point. The dealer did my 20K service, but did not rotate the wheels. They told me it would be an extra £80 to rotate the wheels so I pointed out that the service sheet they had signed included this as part of the service. I booked the car back in for them to do this FOC. Admittedly I had the first Kona they delivered, and the first to get to the 20K service. Both of us on a learning curve.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
389 Posts
I asked ours to do the wheel rotation (should make the change from the beautiful Nexans a simpler job to swap all 4 when we get there….now at 22k miles and still more left in them, dammit!!).

When I asked, they did say they didn’t do it as standard….but at least they didn’t charge us ;)
Bit of a shame I had to ask, mind….

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
I asked ours to do the wheel rotation (should make the change from the beautiful Nexans a simpler job to swap all 4 when we get there….now at 22k miles and still more left in them, dammit!!).

When I asked, they did say they didn’t do it as standard….but at least they didn’t charge us ;)
Bit of a shame I had to ask, mind….
After rotating at the 20k service my Nexens were still legal at 26k last September. Enough was enough so prior to winter I switched them for Cross Climates. Otherwise they would probably still be just about legal. Awesome for the low wear rate, if not for other reasons.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
389 Posts
After rotating at the 20k service my Nexens were still legal at 26k last September. Enough was enough so prior to winter I switched them for Cross Climates. Otherwise they would probably still be just about legal. Awesome for the low wear rate, if not for other reasons.
Yup - I think ours might be around 24k miles by around November, might look for a Costco deal after summer!
Frankly, I know they are roundly hated, and perhaps rightly so.....but (touch wood!) we have had zero issues with them in our time so far. Defo a great wear rate!

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 2021 64kWh Premium
99 Posts
I was not at home when I responded earlier. Forget my comments about the Service Book (which my dealer does stamp). The answer is here, your dealer should have issued this at each service, mine did. Mine is a 2018, Your 2019 should be the same? I think the only thing which might change is if you have a 2020 model requiring the coolant change at 40K, instead of 100K on mine.
View attachment 146081 is if you
Sorry if I’m missing something really obvious, what do the C/I/R mean for each? I’m guessing R is replace?

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 2021 64kWh Premium
99 Posts
Sorry if I’m missing something really obvious, what do the C/I/R mean for each? I’m guessing R is replace?
Apparently I just don’t look properly… after triple checking before asking, the moment I posted I spotted the key in the top left 😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts