Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing mixed things about what you get with the car. Has anyone bought one in the UK recently that can confirm if you get the mats with the car or not please?

If you don't, is the current facelift model the same fit as the previous Kona EV? I'm looking online and can only see them available for the original model. If I can, I would like to avoid giving the dealer £55 extra which appears to be their price, assuming they aren't included.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I ordered my car last July, I ordered a set of mats (not Hyundai) off the web, when the car arrived it already had a set of mats in it.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
They're not included as standard but some dealers may throw them in as a freebie. Best just ask your dealer if they include them.
I bought through click-to-buy so the dealer didn't really much involvement. I then got some mats off the internet (vehiclematsuk) which were cheaper than the official ones even after I added on heavier material and coloured flashing round the edge.

Note that the site I used has Kona electric mats for 2018-2020 which I think would fit my 2020 car and separately 2020-present. I think these are the ones you want:

Reactions: 80698

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Looking at the index page on the site I mentioned is interesting. The image they have showing the shape of the mats it looks like only the rear mats are a different shape for the new model. So far as I can tell the front mats are the same shape. You can clearly see the petrol model is a different shape for the front.

Electric 2020,2021:

Electric 2018-2020. Front looks the same but rears look different:

Petrol, different shapes front and rear:

·
Registered
Kona64
1,646 Posts
I hand't asked, and assumed it was -- finding out the hard way.

At pickup there was a panel gap that was so obvious they got the Servicing Manager to estimate fix time and when I said loudly that I was disappointed it hadn't been picked up at PDI, the handover chap quickly offered to grab some mats as a gesture of goodwill.
This was after I'd asked if the boot lid was adjusted to stop mis-closing, was told it was, and then the handover chap took 3 goes to shut it ......

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't get mats with mine, so as it is a lease I bought the cheapest I could find off ebay, but they still seem decent quality and a good fit.

Another problem I've found is the lack of storage for small stuff like pens, coins etc. so I've ordered one of these too

BTW - did anyone else find a pair of blue-tinted sunglasses in the glasses holder, or did they belong to the guy who delivered it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up mine from the dealer about three weeks ago, no mats so had to pay £67 i believe for them, but they are much easier to hoover than my last ones, so some consolations!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts