Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Kona Navigation version.

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  Duncan 
#1 ·
Does anyone know which Navigation Version the Kona EV Premium 64KWh 2020, has?

#14 ·
Kia owner here, just interested to know if Kona owners have noticed an unadvertised change in the speed-limit warning?
On my Soul, if I was driving, with the flow of the traffic in a 40mph average-speed limit, the Nav would be going "ding" every second because I am over the limit, even if only by 1mph (along with everyone else).
The new software now seems to have a 10% allowance. Experimentation shows that 33, 44, 55 all seem to be acceptable to the car. It changes the warning colour of the speed-limit sign in the HUD at 1mph over, but no annoying noise whilst I "just keep up with the London traffic"!

This seems to me to be the best aspect of the new software and they didn't mention it (just those stupid sounds of nature!)

#15 ·
From memory, the major changes to the Kona infotainment (widescreen version) were:

Mid 2021: Switched from the old 3-panel home screen to the new faded map screen, added multiple user profiles and multiple map themes. The radio screen also changed markedly. Also this updated unlocked a bunch of functionality in the Bluelink app as all the profile-specific settings are also settable through the app. Plus the app added backup/restore. That was the big update.

Late 2021: Hyundai update site became available in the UK but I think this update was just minor tweaks.

Mid 2022: Full screen support for Android Auto.

Late 2022: EV status screens changed to match the ones in the Ioniq 5.

Also at some point the route planning switched from being done in the car to using a server (and falling back to in-car only if it couldn't get a connection). I can't remember exactly when that came out, might have been the big mid-21 update.

#18 ·
I am sorry but having a new page with a dancing flamingo or a blue car rolling on a blue stretch of road is not a great improvement in my book.
The long awaited improvements are still not there.
Again today at mid-day the sat-nav map went into night mode. I was lucky the sun came out at half past twelve so I was able to see the map properly again.

#22 ·
Btw, the November update brought even more frustration. The UX/UI is awful. Hyundai took out Premium Sound change option as separate Sound setting. Now it’s at the each Media mode like Bluetooth or Radio, but not at the Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. It’s taking this setting from the Bluetooth. To change that, you need to: Unplug the iPhone/Android, Connect to Bluetooth, use the Quick menu of premium sound to change it (btw sound through the Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay is different), plug in the phone to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. This is mind blowing.

#25 · (Edited)
I have had that error message. When you download the update from the server it creates a folder on your laptop or computer titled "2020_Kona_Electric_EU" which holds the downloaded files which amount to 28.5GB, on my laptop this folder is located on the desktop.

Usually when you download the update from the server on completition all files are transferred to your USB device and you are then given the option to delete or save the files before closing down the "Navigation Updater" program.

If you have opted to save the files and when using the USB device in the car you get "update files are incomplete" message you then need to delete the folder on your desktop containing the files downloaded previously otherwise when you run the "Navigation Updater" program again it would appear to check to see if the folder "2020_Kona_Electric_EU" exists and uses the 'dodgy' files contained in the folder instead of connecting to the server to do a freash download.

#26 ·
I have had that error message. When you download the update from the server it creates a folder on your laptop or computer titled "2020_Kona_Electric_EU" which holds the downloaded files which amount to 28.5GB, on my laptop this folder is located on the desktop.

Usually when you download the update from the server on completition all files are transferred to your USB device and you are then given the option to delete or save the files before closing down the "Navigation Updater" program.

If you have opted to save the files and when using the USB device in the car you get "update files are incomplete" message you then need to delete the folder on your desktop containing the files downloaded previously otherwise when you run the "Navigation Updater" program again it would appear to check to see if the folder "2020_Kona_Electric-EU" exists and uses the 'dodgy' files contained in the folder instead of connecting to the server to do a freash download.
Thanks for the response, I don't have that folder anywhere and it definitely did a new download as it swamped my bandwidth for several hours

#28 ·
In the car try turning off 'Notifications', go to 'Display Settings/Media Changes Notifications' then 'click' on the box with a tick in it adjacent to 'Display Media Changes Notifications'.

Then turn the car off then on again and check if the error message has cleared if it has just enable the 'Display Media Changes Notifications' by clicking in the box again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.