Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

After your thoughts on the above 2 cars. I know I'm not comparing like with like as the E-niro is a higher spec car, but I can get the Kona Premium on a 3 year lease for c. £300pm, the E-Niro £365pm.

What would you go for?

I like the Kona as it's cheaper and I prefer the looks, but the E-Niro has more space (it will be a family car) and more toys.

Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
538 Posts
This is tricky, as the specs are not quite the same. So you are perhaps not comparing like with like. I have a Premium SE which has more toys, heated/cooled seats, electric adjustment of seats. More importantly, LED headlamps and a fantastic HUD (head up display).
I prefer the looks of the Kona but yes it has a smaller boot. Both cars are good, just depends if you go with your head or your heart. We describe the Niro as our big ugly sister.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe depends on how old your kids are and if you're likely to do a lot of big trips?
I've generated two tall ones (currently 6 and 9 but are a year or two taller) and they fit fine but there isn't a whole lot of spare room (which I kind of like because it keeps junk out the car ;) ).
My current thinking is moving to the Ioniq 5 when that arrives as it seems a bit bigger.

As an anecdote we all went up to Scotland for a long weekend a couple of years ago and there were no complains despite being filled to the rafters. I feel like you can fit a surprising amount in when all is said and done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the premium se kona, I think its worth upgrading over the premium for the ventilated seats alone. Space is the main difference between the kona and Nero. I chose the kona over the Nero as I didn't need the extra space so its smaller and easier to park etc and also because the hyundai seemed better quality, the year old kia I test drove had rattles and didn't feel as good as the vw I normally drive where as the hyundai did. I also found out I could fit a tow bar to the kona for a bike rack or extra storage if I need it not, when I asked at kia about this they said no. Prefer the look of the kona also, kia looks OK but not very exciting.

The premium se is about another 30 a month btw

·
Registered
318 Posts
My son is 6 feet tall and sits behind me in the Kona with no complaints. Might get a bit crampped up on a road trip, but you stop to charge and have a break anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
72 Posts
I agree with much posted above and can add that removing one of the polystyrene trays from the boot can add ~7 cm of depth to the boot - very useful for larger items. You could borrow one for a test drive, take it home and fill the boot as if going on holiday to see if it is big enough. PS I put a couple of builder's wooden pallets in mine last week with the rear seats down - it is just wide enough - I'm building a compost bin from 4 pallets and a 5th for the roof.

Reactions: andyswarbs

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hi All

After your thoughts on the above 2 cars. I know I'm not comparing like with like as the E-niro is a higher spec car, but I can get the Kona Premium on a 3 year lease for c. £300pm, the E-Niro £365pm.

What would you go for?

I like the Kona as it's cheaper and I prefer the looks, but the E-Niro has more space (it will be a family car) and more toys.

Decisions, decisions.
Trust you have posted this in the e-Niro forum threads so you get a balanced view.

if you need the room, the e-Niro wins by a large margin. It’s bland though, in colour options and general interior/exterior. Some say it is quieter and a better ride. Kona has better looks and HUD, but is short on space in the rear seats and boot. Try and get test drives back to back so you can properly compare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts