Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
441 - 460 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
What really gets me is they could have had all this money and more just selling us an Ioniq5.. But the faff about we have one for you no we dont, what a farce.

Well Kia can have money tomorrow, Being honest the lower spec EV6 looks nicer inside than the premium Ioniq5, and the extra BHP and Battery are a welcome extra compared to the Ioniq5.
Bjorn is doing his road tests on the EV6 at the moment. Worth a look. :)

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
Well it's over

Bank transfer has arrived. Kona has been signed over to Hyundai Head office

EV6 has been paid for and collecting it in the morning

Still have a Kona on the drive till they collect the loan car on Friday.

But its been a journey. Thanks for all the support and helpful comments. You have kept us sane having someone to vent to

Vicky and I will raise a glass to you all this evening.

Catch you on future EV journeys.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well it's over

Bank transfer has arrived. Kona has been signed over to Hyundai Head office

EV6 has been paid for and collecting it in the morning

Still have a Kona on the drive till they collect the loan car on Friday.

But its been a journey. Thanks for all the support and helpful comments. You have kept us sane having someone to vent to

Vicky and I will raise a glass to you all this evening.

Catch you on future EV journeys.
Well done for going the distance with Hyundai. Enjoy your drink.

I look forward to your experience of the EV6. I am thinking of the EV6, Model Y, or ID4 in the new year. The Model Y is tempting, but the Tesla CEO seems to be a bit of a loose cannon and comments about fit and finish are disconcerting. Hopefully the Germans will do it better.

Has your EV6 got the froot?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Well done for going the distance with Hyundai. Enjoy your drink.

I look forward to your experience of the EV6. I am thinking of the EV6, Model Y, or ID4 in the new year. The Model Y is tempting, but the Tesla CEO seems to be a bit of a loose cannon and comments about fit and finish are disconcerting. Hopefully the Germans will do it better.

Has your EV6 got the froot?
Yes it's the larger 50ltr froot as it rwd the awd is only 20ltr

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
Thank goodness for that! Let's hope Kia ownership is a breeze :)
Cant be worse than dealing with our Bank (Halifax). Had to do the Faster Payment in Branch as over £25k.

They made us feel like idiots 3 members of staff yelling at us telling us we were falling for a scam, took 45mins and being treated like idiots or criminals to get access to our own money. And still at the end they told us we were scammed and had to sign a letter to say they did not want to do the transfer.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Finally it's sorted. I'm sure you will love the EV6, especially the charging speed!!
Yep we have access to a few 150 and 175 KW units on our regular runs, not so many 350s but as long as it gives a good speed on the 150s etc we will be more than happy. Just go to work out how to trim our normal 1 hour meal/charge/paperwork stops down to 30mins now..

·
Registered
44 Posts
@stageshoot Many thanks indeed for sharing your experiences on this forum. They’ve made an insightful read. On a personal level, I’d never have a Kona again. The car was fine mostly for the range and efficiency (although at over 65 it wasn’t much different from others). I never really liked the over intrusive auto-steer, several alarming phantom braking incidents, the way it always locked me in and that I couldn’t over-ride it (unsettling whilst they were deliberating about the battery recall) and it was always reluctant to give up the CCS connector. All my view of course and others will differ. The biggest negatives were the dealers and HQ; in particular the inappropriately named ‘Exec Team’ and the lack of action, commitment or even telling you what the service campaigns were for - “Software Updates” probably isn’t an adequate explanation. As other manufacturers improve, Hyundai will loose ground.

I currently have an e-208 via On.To which so far is a surprisingly good car with several 700 mile road trips under my belt.

Good luck with the EV6.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 · (Edited)
@SKeen34 Thanks for the comments and glad you found something that suited.

We were sort of locked to the Kona for the Range/Price/Tech Triangle. Nothing could come close to matching it,, I still would have another except for the HQ attitude towards customers. It is getting left behind a bit now which charging speed.. Would love to see an updated one with a 70kw 800v system in it..

At least now there is choice its over 3 years on since the Kona came out and finally there are options to look at.. But will always have a soft spot for the Kona, Still have a soft spot for my very first car. 1977 Alfa Romeo AlfaSud. Rotted as you looked at it. but still one of those things..

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,812 Posts
Stageshoot will soon be saying this….

When your car is full before you've even eaten your sandwich.
May be an image of outdoors

Someone on FB posted today.
Followup comment was…
350s, but arrived at 42% SoC so pulling 140kW

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
@SKeen34 Thanks for the comments and glad you found something that suited.

We were sort of locked to the Kona for the Range/Price/Tech Triangle. Nothing could come close to matching it,, I still would have another except for the HQ attitude towards customers. It is getting left behind a bit now which charging speed.. Would love to see an updated one with a 70kw 800v system in it..

At least now there is choice its over 3 years on since the Kona came out and finally there are options to look at.. But will always have a soft spot for the Kona, Still have a soft spot for my very first car. 1977 Alfa Romeo AlfaSud. Rotted as you looked at it. but still one of those things..

stageshoot I'd like to say thank you for telling us about the various road trips and all the informative reports for the Kona that you've given over the past 3 years. They have been very useful to me and I'm sure for quite a few other people.
Sorry that you're moving on but wish you all the best with the new car.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Cant be worse than dealing with our Bank (Halifax). Had to do the Faster Payment in Branch as over £25k.

They made us feel like idiots 3 members of staff yelling at us telling us we were falling for a scam, took 45mins and being treated like idiots or criminals to get access to our own money. And still at the end they told us we were scammed and had to sign a letter to say they did not want to do the transfer.
The easy way round that is to make it three separate transfers, all under the £10k limit. I've paid for a house that way. Took a few minutes but worked just fine. No way I want to line the bank's pockets paying CHAPS fees!

Look forward to hearing about the EV6 experience, it's very much on my list for what might come next. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The easy way round that is to make it three separate transfers, all under the £10k limit. I've paid for a house that way. Took a few minutes but worked just fine. No way I want to line the bank's pockets paying CHAPS fees!
Depends on the bank - e.g.Lloyds have a limit of £20K per day for online transfers
Debit card can be an option - I've bought a couple of cars ~16K with mine in the past, not sure if there is an upper limit - probably also bank dependent.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
Depends on the bank - e.g.Lloyds have a limit of £20K per day for online transfers
Debit card can be an option - I've bought a couple of cars ~16K with mine in the past, not sure if there is an upper limit - probably also bank dependent.
Yeah Halifax is a bugger.. £25k limit on Faster Payments (Total Per Day) unless made in branch then up to £250k. Debit Cards limited to £25k max per day. So would have had to split payments over several days, probably would have been easier than the hassle in bank. Seems like in Yorkshire they don't believe anyone would spend £40k on a car.

Despite me standing next to Vicky trying to make the transfer and seeing our ID< they were trying to convince her she was falling for a "Dating Scam" and buying and being conned into buying something expensive for someone, I do appreciate banks have to check customers are secure doing a transaction, but being bullied by three separate staff members to the point of tears and openly being told you are a gullible silly girl.. Really not on.. She has had the account 30 years but is insistant will be moving it today.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah Halifax is a bugger.. £25k limit on Faster Payments (Total Per Day) unless made in branch then up to £250k. Debit Cards limited to £25k max per day. So would have had to split payments over several days, probably would have been easier than the hassle in bank. Seems like in Yorkshire they don't believe anyone would spend £40k on a car.

Despite me standing next to Vicky trying to make the transfer and seeing our ID< they were trying to convince her she was falling for a "Dating Scam" and buying and being conned into buying something expensive for someone, I do appreciate banks have to check customers are secure doing a transaction, but being bullied by three separate staff members to the point of tears and openly being told you are a gullible silly girl.. Really not on.. She has had the account 30 years but is insistant will be moving it today.
Try Co-Operative Bank. I moved from First Direct (part of HSBC) last year because they are the most ethical high street bank in the UK. They don't invest in any fossil fuel companies and actively invest in helping developing countries.

I transferred £30,000 into a fixed saving account and I got a phone call asking if it was legit. I said yes, and no I wasn't being pressured and that was that.

441 - 460 of 484 Posts