Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh joy it’s nearly that time again already

picked up ourNew Kona on the 20th Feb. It’s now just over 8 weeks and we have hit 9k miles. So better get the 10k service booked for next week

one thing Tesla had right no routine maintenance.
I am not saying there should be no service checks but this stupid every 10k regardless is such a timewaste. Especially as it’s just a Visual Inspection. But if not done gives them the warranty get out wiggle

Sigh another 2 hours sat in the dealership while they try to find something to charge for.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
With your usage being that kind of mileage and service schedules being what they are, how come you swapped out the Tesla? I’d imagine you also value reliable public charging too

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With your usage being that kind of mileage and service schedules being what they are, how come you swapped out the Tesla? I’d imagine you also value reliable public charging too
mileage was one of the main issues for the swap back

5 years unlimited miles warranty on the Kona
Compared to the 40k miles warranty on the Tesla which is about 10 months for me.

the Tesla is just too much risk of expensive repairs to drive outside warranty

and I will say for someone who drives high miles the Tesla supercharger network is very overrated. It’s never where you need it when you need it and the public ccs network has grown so quickly it’s not an issue like it was even a year ago they are around every corner

the Kona does charge a lot slower than the Tesla but the range more than makes up for it. I just run my charging around a meal or paperwork break

·
Registered
168 Posts
Still better than Škoda. With Enyaq you have to go once per two years, but then it costs 400€.

·
Registered
EU base model with heat pump Sept '18
556 Posts
The cabin filter is a replacement item on every service but if it appears to be flowing well I ask my dealer's service manager to skip that, saving me $100. They still sign off the warranty book.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cabin filter is a replacement item on every service but if it appears to be flowing well I ask my dealer's service manager to skip that, saving me $100. They still sign off the warranty book.
not in the UK

in the the cabin filter is on the 20k 40k 60k etc. Not the 10k 30k 50k etc

in the UK the 10 30 50 are just visual inspections and software checks the only physical work is grease the door hinges if needed. apart from that it’s just a way toget you into the dealership to try and fleece you for tyres etc

·
Registered
EU base model with heat pump Sept '18
556 Posts
Since that's what I save by deleting it, it hardly matters what it's made of. What does your dealer charge?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The battery warranty is limited to 100k though isn't it? Are you worried about passing that?
no I don’t see there being a catastrophic failure more general degradation. If it gets to 200k with 70% left will be more than happy. If there is a catastrophic failure then I would be chasing Hyundai for goodwill

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
1,006 Posts
Cheers @stageshoot It's always interesting to have these insights from a high mileage owner. I went for the Kia expecting to be on the road a lot with work.... so far it looks like I won't even hit 10k in the year.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers @stageshoot It's always interesting to have these insights from a high mileage owner. I went for the Kia expecting to be on the road a lot with work.... so far it looks like I won't even hit 10k in the year.
Yes the first 6 months of all this were very slow for us but things are almost back to normal work wise now... Only good thing to come out of it is that Car Insurance Prices seem to have dropped significantly this year!!!

On the plus side as soon as all back to normal you will have no excuses no burning all that saved milage on some long leisure trips ;-)

·
Registered
513 Posts
On the plus side as soon as all back to normal you will have no excuses no burning all that saved milage on some long leisure trips ;-)
Oh we will. Fighting all the other released prisoners for that last free CCS charger as everybody heads off to the hills and the beaches.:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts