Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
does the hyundai Kona come with a type 2 charge cable?
Many thanks for any replies ;)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Hi all
Yes. Also a granny charger, both 5m long. Well at least the 2019 model did. I doubt this has changed.
It certainly used to, but you need to check the latest specifications on the website to be sure (and take a copy). It's the sort of thing manufacturers or importers can change on a whim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took delivery in July 2020 and it came with both the Type 2 and the 13Amp charger. Both in bags with the 13Amp stored below the boot floor.
thank you SKeen34 i could not remember if i read that it came with it or not, getting my Kona Premium se delivered on wednesday (lease)

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
50 Posts
I took delivery in July 2020 and it came with both the Type 2 and the 13Amp charger. Both in bags with the 13Amp stored below the boot floor.
My July 2020 Kona also came with both. With a little care, the Type 2 cable can also be stored under the boot floor in the Kona, just behind the rear seats and in front of the polystyrene trays. This keeps the boot "proper" completely empty.

I have a tethered charger at home, and (IMO) it's a lot more convenient to use than an untethered one at home - there's no need to go to both ends of the car, for example! The one potentially disadvantage is if I ever need a different type of connector - in which case it's a new lead or an adaptor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@mart211 I hope you enjoy the car and it would probably be worth checking you have both cables before you take the car away. I hope you like it. It's my 3rd EV and is brilliant with the GOM usually reading 318miles and I can comfortably do 250+ miles with no range anxiety. I do not have a home charger and so use nearby 7kW and rapids with no issue at all. My local rapid is not widely used and I frequently use the AC at 10.5kW. I have had a flat 12v battery and the experience with the local dealer was woeful. Otherwise, it's a great car.

@T67M Thanks and I'll give that a try. At my last house I had a 7kW but not weathered for that reason (first a Zoe and then a 2014 Leaf). As above, I'm currently using the public network. I can see myself getting a home charger if we ever become a 2-EV household.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona, Halfords bike
339 Posts
With a little care, the Type 2 cable can also be stored under the boot floor in the Kona, just behind the rear seats and in front of the polystyrene trays. This keeps the boot "proper" completely empty.
The default storage is not good

It is in a bag with velcro strips which hold it in place on the boot carpet. I can image it won't be long before the boot carpet looks like a very scratchy cat has been locked up in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
i have the 2020 hyundai kona. i am presently charging at home via a 13 ampp socket and always using the in cable charger set to the lowest setting of 6 amp. i feel this is safer even though it takes much longer. i have the rapid charger cables in the boot ready for a longer journey. hope this helps / linndley brook

1 - 13 of 13 Posts