Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was just wondering if anyone has any experience of these Kumho tyres, has or is using them on their cars. The 2015 Kia Soul im getting will be needing a new pair of tyres in the not too distant future and looking at these they seem quite good (B rating got efficiency and C for wet 70db) and reasonable.

The other option of course is to go for a set of Michelin or Goodyears but thought I'd check and see if anyone's using these tyres..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked on Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews ?
Only 6 ratings for these at present, but if you compare to the ratings for your other options it may give you an idea of what they are like.
They are a summer tyre - I'd consider an all-seasons option now they are commonly available.
Yeah a few people have said they use the all seasons tyres, not sure if they have a significant impact on range, I guess I was thinking a summer tyre would be better for efficiency seeing as our winters aren't too bad..

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Yeah a few people have said they use the all seasons tyres, not sure if they have a significant impact on range, I guess I was thinking a summer tyre would be better for efficiency seeing as our winters aren't too bad..
Switching from ContiSports (summer) to CrossClimates (all season) on my old diesel Passat gave a very slight improvement in my long term average mpg (we're talking 50mpg vs 51-52mpg here). Both had a C efficiency rating, but only one of them could get up the hill near my house in winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts