Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I tried to use the preheat on the car,it was 8*c.
6 attempts and no joy,so I did the burp to top her off.
Heaters on 24*c,seats on full and half speed and on eco.
I normally use 2 to 2.5 kw to do 12-14 miles,37 miles and the battery was empty.
Hardly any regen and it’s let me use 10.7 where I normally get 10.3 with regen.
That’s quite a jump in power available from the battery.
Not had that before.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Pre-condition warms the battery if needed and runs the AirCon or Heaters depending on the temperature setting and the current mode Min(off)/Eco/Max. If the car is in the "Min" mode then I don't think the heaters / Aircon work just the fans.

To use Press the Lock then the precondition button. this gives 10 mins of pre-condition, you can do it once more. After that you need to unlock and lock the car again. One of the most useful features come winter,its great not having to defrost windows. :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I've seen 10.7kWh on my display as well and never fully understood why.

Don't complain as it could always be far less! :eek:

Reactions: Spiny

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pre-condition warms the battery if needed and runs the AirCon or Heaters depending on the temperature setting and the current mode Min(off)/Eco/Max. If the car is in the "Min" mode then I don't think the heaters / Aircon work just the fans.

To use Press the Lock then the precondition button. this gives 10 mins of pre-condition, you can do it once more. After that you need to unlock and lock the car again. One of the most useful features come winter,its great not having to defrost windows. :)
The heating was on max.
I always use the precondition in the mornings when it’s cold.
This is the first time it’s happened and I drove back at over 65-70 and I got 10.4 with hardly any regen.
Something has changed since I used the heating on her.
More battery = more range 😊

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The giveaway is the side lights. Is it possible the boot was open? that would stop it or any other door for that matter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something has definitely changed on the car,it’s had 2 kw regen today,so that’s still 10.7 with the heaters on and The preheat worked this morning.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The giveaway is the side lights. Is it possible the boot was open? that would stop it or any other door for that matter.
She just didn’t do anything other than flash the indicators.
I can hear the clunk of the power supply from my bedroom window,there was nothing.
Very strange as I’m now getting more available kw 😊

1 - 8 of 8 Posts