Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else looking forward to the new 500e finally reaching our shores next year? Put my name down for this first edition of the new 500e as I love the idea of the canvas roof version (an original Tesla Roadster is out of my budget!). Made contact with my local dealer who's expecting a delivery date of March 2021.

Already had the nice Fiat lady from Italy calling to keep me informed and to congratulate me on my good taste in cars...

I'll post any updates here!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I really like the look of them, especially the fabric roof like you say - not enough convertible EVs! This is half way there... :p

I also think it is a really nice evolution of the new Fiat 500 design. The interior looks fantastic.

Looking forward to some photos when you get yours!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone else looking forward to the new 500e finally reaching our shores next year?
We‘ve had a reservation for one since April 2020, it’s a replacement for wife’s current Twin Air 500. Personally I think Fiat have nailed it with this, more than any other manufacturer. The internal and external styling is spot on and I can’t wait to have a spin in it. Sure it won’t be as fast as my current car but I know which one I’d rather be in on the coast roads in the summer.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have also registered my interest in the New 500 La Prima. There is a frustrating lack of real information on the UK website.
However it is possible to configure a La Prima on the Fiat Italy website, which gives a better idea of the specification (albeit in Italian).
Of course UK spec might be a bit different.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
381 Posts
Elmo will be offering it as a subscription car (all included, no deposit).
It is the Fiat 500e La prima 42kWh, know if it’s the convertible only or not, but it’s a car I was surprised of liking myself (not the convertible).
Still need to see the price.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,583 Posts
Once the initial demand has subsided, they will likely offer some good deals as this is FCA’s leading car to offset all those Jeeps and Maseratis.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Oilymo,
dealer said only item that can be added is the Winter Pack
That's interesting.
On the Italian site there are no factory options for the La Prima version.
Did the dealer mention what it includes? Cabin heat pump maybe?

Also by coincidence I've been driving a Caesium Blue IPace for two years
(and returned it when the PCP ended in November)!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Oilymo,

That's interesting.
On the Italian site there are no factory options for the La Prima version.
Did the dealer mention what it includes? Cabin heat pump maybe?

Also by coincidence I've been driving a Caesium Blue IPace for two years
(and returned it when the PCP ended in November)!
Yes I thought it was odd as the car was supposed to fully loaded but wife and I wondered if it’s simply not needed in parts of the Med hence an option in the North of Europe. I also wonder if the sales guy knows what he’s doing! We haven’t paid extra for it.

The iPace is great but haven’t had a chance to really take it for a long run which is a shame, I want to see if I can get anywhere near 3 miles/KWh. It is also my first non VW in 25 years so fingers crossed for trouble free motoring. We came from a Golf GTE which was fantastic but just too small for the growing family. The Caesium Blue is amazing and quite striking from a distance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did a few trips up to Northumberland in the summer using only Instavolt and 230 miles seemed quite achievable on the M1/A1M (although usually I would charge at around 130-140 miles into the journey).
But that 84 kWh battery takes quite some charging on the more common 50 kW chargers.
I suspect that the New Fiat 500 might actually be quicker on a long journey because it can 20-80% charge in under 30 minutes (even though the range per charge is less).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes I thought it was odd as the car was supposed to fully loaded but wife and I wondered if it’s simply not needed in parts of the Med hence an option in the North of Europe. I also wonder if the sales guy knows what he’s doing! We haven’t paid extra for it.

The iPace is great but haven’t had a chance to really take it for a long run which is a shame, I want to see if I can get anywhere near 3 miles/KWh. It is also my first non VW in 25 years so fingers crossed for trouble free motoring. We came from a Golf GTE which was fantastic but just too small for the growing family. The Caesium Blue is amazing and quite striking from a distance.
Hi Have you had any update as to when your car will be delivered ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Have you had any update as to when your car will be delivered ?
No not yet. Was supposed to be April but now likely May. The dealer called last week to tell me that they were getting their demostrators in so our car would follow shortly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make that 4 days time. Car not been PDI'd for test drives as yet..
Had a 500e La Prima on order since Dec. Divery slips... seen the demo done the test drive 17/4 would just like to get the car! Longest wait known. Latest ETA is end May - mid June. Know of 3 ppl who got their Mar 20 orders this last week, but no others

1 - 20 of 34 Posts