Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what if any Rapid charging capability the Ioniq has. I havnt seen a car, I havnt looked at the details, I have seen few images. So I looked at the website. Lots of stuff but no details.
It boasts that you can DC charge at high currents but makes no reference to how or where or what standard.
I phoned the dealer, they had never heard of CCS or Chademo,("It uses the Rapid chargers at Service stations" apparently), but after a number of questions I deduced that it was CCS.
What a shame that the sales people of a large dealership, just had no idea, and a bigger shame that Hyundai dont actually say or show any images that I could readily find. I suppose if I had searched all the external photos I could have deduced that it only had one charge flap and made an assumption, but compared to the Kia site which proudly shows images of the charge inlets and tells you what it has, I found it a less than rewarding experience looking at the Hyundai site. Very little technical spec.

·
Registered
62 Posts
But then you worked that out :)

I think the main problem is that not many Hyundai Dealerships actually know that there is an electric car in the Hyundai range.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was one of them that I called. I guess its a sign of the market, people selling cars really dont know much about them. They do however know about PCP, extended warranties, finance options etc etc .
But It was more disappointing the lack of detail on the Hyundai website. Hence whay I bothered to call a dealer in the first place.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts
If you can find a CCS charger capable of delivering the power, you'll be able to get just shy of 70 kW.

Good luck. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts