Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Not sure if I’m being a numpty but any ideas on why I might experience lag when accelerating at normal speed when overtaking for example in a BMW 330E?

From a standing start have no issues but only when already moving? Wondered if anyone else has experienced this or ideas on it?
Cheers

·
Registered
F30 330e Sport
68 Posts
Is this sport mode using the rocker switch? I often find a slight lag unless I kick-down, and there'll be a definite lag if you're in electric only and it needs to bring in the petrol engine to assist. I've found if I'm wanting to overtake at speed (rather than leisurely on a motorway), I'll flick the gear to the left to put it in sport/manual mode. Then it's instant response from the engine.

Going from electric to petrol on-demand, I've come a cropper a couple of times, i.e. the driver behind wondering why I've deliberately not made the overtaking mode on a dual carriageway. If on a single carriageway you either need to kick-down before hand to prepare the engine, or as I say pop it into the full S mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul. It’s a weird one and only in sport mode, even in full beans xtraBoost mode it just doesn’t move like I expect it too. It’s a company car and tracked so I don’t need to be able to use it much but wondered why it happens?

·
Registered
F30 330e Sport
68 Posts
So yours is a g20 not an f30 then… I can only wonder whether it’s due to the implementation of the xtraboost. I will get a tiny delay flooring it as it will first use battery then quickly add engine and decide the gear, all at the same time. As stated though in full beans sport mode (where the engine revs higher) it’s eager to move with even the lightest touch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed this recently on my 69 plate 330e.

In hybrid or electric mode the response is immediate (although obviously muted). In sport mode, if I push my foot to the floor then there is a short (0.5 - 1 second) delay before the power really kicks in.

I don't use sport often and so it doesn't really affect me much but it seems odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts