Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took delivery of our e2008 GT on Friday, so far so good.

I’m very impressed with the lane assist and active cruise it seems to work better than I thought. Haven’t been in any hairy situations but it has performed well except, on occasion, it tends to settle closer to the edge of the lane than I would like. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

·
Registered
DS3 Etense 2020
123 Posts
I picked up my DS3 a few days ago and had a little play with this. I found that it like to stick to the right more than center which is slightly off putting and I wouldn't use it as much unless it gets better.

·
Registered
DS3 Etense 2020
123 Posts
Ah ok so I wonder what I have then - I have a question JJ - when you collected your car did you get a manual to read? Our dealership man said it is all on the 12 inch screen not that I have had the time to play with it yet :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don’t have the same system as the GT (I don’t think)

isn’t the GT full autopilot

in the GT Line it just stops me crossing the line - hence I bounce off it

JJ
I'd say so. It steers nicely apart from the occasional drift to the edge of the lane. Comes to a complete stop if the car in front does too.

It probably isn't as good as the Tesla version due to lack of cameras/sensors but will definitely make long trips easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On the e208 GT the adaptive cruise control works more smoothly then on my friends A3 but the line keep assist is a ping pong party 😂 I keep holding the wheel to keep it in the middle, so I barely use it, especially if it turns itself off on certain corners without warning and ripping the wheel towards large trucks for some reason... Every time he does that... When overtaking or on the opposite site...

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the e208 GT the adaptive cruise control works more smoothly then on my friends A3 but the line keep assist is a ping pong party 😂 I keep holding the wheel to keep it in the middle, so I barely use it, especially if it turns itself off on certain corners without warning and ripping the wheel towards large trucks for some reason... Every time he does that... When overtaking or on the opposite site...
I've begun to periodically adjust the lane position if it's not where I want, it re-engages a few seconds after. With that said 70% of my dual carriageway driving is done using active cruise/lane keeping. It makes slow creeping traffic a doddle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts