Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This survey was more difficult (or subtle) than I was expecting:

" ... Members of the public are being sought to take part in a new study by the University of Southampton to understand people’s perceptions of automated vehicles. Participants will be required to view a series of four to five second videos of a car (a white Tesla Model S) making lane changes, while driving down the motorway, and to decide whether it is being driven by a human driver or a computer. The survey, which can be done from any computer or mobile device, takes about 10 minutes in total... "​

·
Night Blue Golf GTE Nav
159 Posts
I did it. Not as obvious as I thought it would be! The only thing I looked for really was if the lane change was smooth and linear like a computer would be. That's all I could think of

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Even as a Tesla driver and knowing how it works it's not easy to tell the difference in many cases.

Be warned it takes a long time.

Disappointed it didn't tell me my score at the end :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was following a Tesla the other day and it was very obvious it was on AP; very erratic lane changing! :LOL:
Has it finished..., errr oops not quite! bit more stalk, Ah, there we go, done :ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Impossible for me to do as it has the assumption that everyone has 20meg broadband

I have 1meg

So i can't be arsed waiting 10 minutes for a page to load

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I was following a Tesla the other day and it was very obvious it was on AP; very erratic lane changing! :LOL:
Has it finished..., errr oops not quite! bit more stalk, Ah, there we go, done :ROFLMAO:
It's easy to ferk it up if you cancel the indicator too early...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Impossible for me to do as it has the assumption that everyone has 20meg broadband

I have 1meg

So i can't be arsed waiting 10 minutes for a page to load
I have 75meg and it was still juddery!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The colour of the Tesla is the best thing about it :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts