Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a couple of web sites that seem to suggest that the MG may offer a larger 73kW battery for the MG ZS EV at some point early to late 2022.

Zigwheels
CarDekho

Both sites I think are Indian sites so I hope that, if true, a larger battery would be an option on European variations in future.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been told by a dealer in the know that a bigger battery and facelift was coming next year, I was under the impression it would be around 60kWh though. Apparently once the newer battery comes out the price would go up to the RRP with no discount unless offered by individual dealerships.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
For how much more?

That's MYLR Size.

The fact they skipped the 50ish kwh pack suggests they will keep the 44kwh.

Also 500km using which ruler?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Don't know wether anyone else has noticed, but on the MG website, there is no longer a contribution towards the cost of the ZS EV - so only PICG £3k off now from the £30.5k rrp !!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think when we were looking at the ZS in Feb the discount was only on finance deals could be wrong though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
On the point of a larger battery, I think there is plenty of space even on our current cars. Look at all this free space under the car:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recon if that space can be filled with additional battery the range of the ZS EV could be extended to 800 miles 😜

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
On the point of a larger battery, I think there is plenty of space even on our current cars. Look at all this free space under the car:

Aye, interestingly the space where the ICE fuel tank goes wasn't used for the battery at all, hence the big void waiting for extra cells ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts