• 70+

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if EV drivers fall into a specific age group or is it well spread?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Judging by the wide range of people I have met at rapid chargers I've seen a good number of people across all age groups. If I had to guess though I would say 60+ is somewhat surprisingly the majority age group of EV owners, despite all the assumptions of them being the least likely to consider change from the norm.

·
Registered
BMW i3 60ah BEV / BMW i3 60ah REx (Sold)
81 Posts
Re-create this post with a poll, I'd be interested to see the results too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If I had to guess though I would say 60+ is somewhat surprisingly the majority age group of EV owners...
I would agree with that. In many posts, I have seen many say they are retired or part retired.
Who else can affort it?
Of those youngsters that can afford it? why would they get an EV when a Golf R is faster and cheaper o_O and they quite often want to customise them, make them louder, leave tyre marks on every roundabout.
OOps didnt mean to have a rant.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Would it be worth mentioning that older folk, apart from having probably grown up kids and mortgages paid off, have the time to be on the forum? It may well make this vote somewhat inaccurate.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Based on a recent thread on this forum, it appears one factor at play is that as a driver ages there's a tipping point where battery range anxiety gets overtaken by bladder range anxiety.

Once the tipping point is reached bladder range is the constraint and so there's no downside to EV ownership and associated recharging stops because they would be stopping anyway!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Based on a recent thread on this forum, it appears one factor at play is that as a driver ages there's a tipping point where battery range anxiety gets overtaken by bladder range anxiety.

Once the tipping point is reached bladder range is the constraint and so there's no downside to EV ownership and associated recharging stops because they would be stopping anyway!
Ha. And you can get away with a smaller & smaller battery, the older you get. :)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
make this vote somewhat inaccurate.
Somewhat ?!? :ROFLMAO:

Ha. And you can get away with a smaller & smaller battery, the older you get. :)
Actually, with a bigger battery you stop, plug in, pee, have a coffee/snack for 30-40 mins, have another pee, unplug, drive like you stole it ... until repeat :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having had my prostate reamed out some 22 years ago, I was, at last, able to go through the night without having to get up for a pee. Also, I was able to drive to my son's house in Devon in around four hours without needing a 'comfort break'.
If you are having problems with frequent pees it might be a good idea to discuss this with your GP.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If you are having problems with frequent pees it might be a good idea to discuss this with your GP.
Definitely.

But don't assume they (or their colleagues) will definitely be able to provide a permanent fix - sometimes they are foxed.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Judging by the wide range of people I have met at rapid chargers I've seen a good number of people across all age groups. If I had to guess though I would say 60+ is somewhat surprisingly the majority age group of EV owners, despite all the assumptions of them being the least likely to consider change from the norm.
The wrinklies are all full of guilt for stealing Greta's childhood.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think it won’t be long till most 30 somethings adopt ev a lot more. At the moment unless you do quite a few miles the savings isn’t a lot. As someone above said for the price of my e-golf I could have had a GTI... just not the fuel... although a few days ago it was me and a Ford Fiesta ST at the lights and I couldn’t help but smile at the result. ?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Actually, with a bigger battery you stop, plug in, pee, have a coffee/snack for 30-40 mins, have another pee, unplug, drive like you stole it ... until repeat :)
That's me spot on (y)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Having had my prostate reamed out some 22 years ago, I was, at last, able to go through the night without having to get up for a pee. ....
Unfortunately I have to agree. I mentioned this to my GP as a side issue when consulting about another matter, and am now about to undergo treatment for Prostate Cancer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts