Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I've found slightly contradictory answers to this question elsewhere on the forum.

An early 2017 30kwh 3.3kwh charger Leaf - did they come with the Type2 cable as standard in addition to the granny?

I'm currently looking at one from a Nissan dealer and it doesnt seem to have the Type2 to Type1.

Cheers all

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
No, they were an option. But you can buy one 2nd hand for £70 and less than £100 new so apart from beating them down for something "essential" being missing. If you need one PM me as I have a spare.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Hi folks, I've found slightly contradictory answers to this question elsewhere on the forum.

An early 2017 30kwh 3.3kwh charger Leaf - did they come with the Type2 cable as standard in addition to the granny?

I'm currently looking at one from a Nissan dealer and it doesnt seem to have the Type2 to Type1.

Cheers all
My March 17 30 100% had both.
My April 16 24 100% had both.
My March 15 24 had the granny only.

Regardless, the dealer almost certainly won't particularly care what was original equipment.

Reactions: JohnMars and dk6780

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, thanks for the replies. It might be largely a thing for me to know re price.

There's a lot of stuff a dealer won't care about :)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
In order they were 3.3 on the 30.
6.6 on the 16 plate 24.
And 3.3 on the 15 plate 24.

I recall on the oldest 24 I was told it was granny on the 3.3 and type 2 on the 6.6. Crazy really as you pay in the region of 1k extra for the 6.6 but got a lead worth less.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
Dealers always try to turn a quick buck by selling off anything not tied down. It's not your problem if they got the car like that, it's not retail ready without the lead and it'll cost them £150 for a genuine Nissan one.
Bottom line, it'll cost you £70 max to replace but is a bargaining chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts