Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have asked Kia UK Customer Services how they will deal with cases where servicing is late due to the Coronavirus crisis. Your service should be carried out within 28 days or 500 miles of the specified time or mileage according to my dealer's Service Manager, who is waiting for Kia to answer his questions about this.

Kia's response to me on Tuesday 24 March was:
"We're working on how to support late servicing at the moment and will come back to you as soon as a company statement is finalised."

I chased Kia on Wednesday 25 March and their response was:
"Sorry John, we're still chasing for a final response. Whilst we need to be flexible, we know many people are waiting for a timeframe. We expect FAQ's to be published soon."

On Thursday 26 March at 09:15 Kia have not yet made a decision.

On Thursday 26 March at 13:55 Kia issued this statement:

"Hi John

Whilst all showrooms are closed, some service departments remain open. We’re trying keep our ‘Find A Dealer’ page as up to date as possible so please check the availability of servicing dealers in your area - https://www.kia.com/uk/utility/find-a-dealer/#/step-1

These open sites will prioritise essential repair work and vehicle testing to support frontline key workers. Routine servicing is not considered an essential repair therefore you should book your car in once Government advice changes.

If there is a valid warranty claim on your car and the latest scheduled service has been delayed during the period where the UK is under Government measures, we will honour valid warranty claims. Please note all other warranty Terms and Exclusions apply.

It is important you maintain your car regardless of servicing requirements. We recommend that you regularly check the following items:

• Windscreen washer fluid level
• Tyre condition and pressures.
• Exterior lights

If your service is delayed, it is even more important that you regularly carry out the checks detailed above until the scheduled service is carried out.

We hope this helps and please get in touch if you need anything else.

Kind regards

Kia Customer Service "

I will add to this post if and when I hear from Kia again.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I had mine done on the 20th but I'm not sure if they're still open or not.
Quarantined the car for a few days afterwards :)
Overall car is fine though I'm chewing through the front tyres as expected. Fronts are 4mm after 7k miles. Backs are still on 6mm.
Probably will only get 10k miles out them but that's strongly related to my heavy right foot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I received an email from my dealer today saying that although the showrooms will be closed, their service centre will remain open at this moment in time. I have mine booked in for 17th April, so I will phone them a few days before to see if they can still do it on that date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Appt made for 1st service on 3rd April, was cancelled yesterday when dealership chose understandably to close, said would mark book as delayed due to pandemic and wouldnt affect warranty
Other garages in the area are still in operation for now with precautions

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Overall car is fine though I'm chewing through the front tyres as expected. Fronts are 4mm after 7k miles. Backs are still on 6mm.
Probably will only get 10k miles out them but that's strongly related to my heavy right foot.
I saw mine in the sun on the drive earlier and thought wow, they're not long for this world! 6k miles ....... oops

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Since my car has hardly moved in the last two weeks, my service being delayed is not really going to be of a concern.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have asked Kia UK Customer Services how they will deal with cases where servicing is late due to the Coronavirus crisis. Your service should be carried out within 28 days or 500 miles of the specified time or mileage according to my dealer's Service Manager, who is waiting for Kia to answer his questions about this.

"We're working on how to support late servicing at the moment and will come back to you as soon as a company statement is finalised."

"Sorry John, we're still chasing for a final response. Whilst we need to be flexible, we know many people are waiting for a timeframe. We expect FAQ's to be published soon."

I will add to this post when I hear from Kia again.
Thanks John, I've been wondering about this.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
They will have to effectively “Freeze” the time scale on customers service requirements, they have no other choice really !.
If the dealership is ( and should be ) closed, then the owner has no other option open to him / her ?.
Are they likely to extend everybody’s warranty due to the shut down ?.
I think that will be a NO then !.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received an email from my dealer today saying that although the showrooms will be closed, their service centre will remain open at this moment in time. I have mine booked in for 17th April, so I will phone them a few days before to see if they can still do it on that date.
Seems unusual as everyone I hear about is closing the whole site. Which dealer is this?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Seems unusual as everyone I hear about is closing the whole site. Which dealer is this?
Speedwell Kia

Dear Devon Dumpling,

In line with the current government advice we will temporarily close our sales operations at Speedwell Kia/Honda Paignton, Speedwell Honda Newton Abbot and Speedwell Online Kingsteignton to the public from close of business on Tuesday 24th March until the present Coronavirus situation improves or advice changes.

Our Workshop and Parts Departments will remain open at Speedwell Kia/Honda and Speedwell Honda Newton Abbot to carry out essential safety related work as instructed by the Government. The staff levels are reduced to reflect the anticipated lower demand and opening times will be reduced as below:
  • Sales: Closed.
  • Workshop and Parts Departments: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00PM
  • Sat/Sun: Closed

The safety of our customers, staff and the wider community is our top priority and our best wishes are with all of you during this unprecedented time.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

"Hi John

Whilst all showrooms are closed, some service departments remain open. We’re trying keep our ‘Find A Dealer’ page as up to date as possible so please check the availability of servicing dealers in your area - https://www.kia.com/uk/utility/find-a-dealer/#/step-1

These open sites will prioritise essential repair work and vehicle testing to support frontline key workers. Routine servicing is not considered an essential repair therefore you should book your car in once Government advice changes.

If there is a valid warranty claim on your car and the latest scheduled service has been delayed during the period where the UK is under Government measures, we will honour valid warranty claims. Please note all other warranty Terms and Exclusions apply.

It is important you maintain your car regardless of servicing requirements. We recommend that you regularly check the following items:

• Exterior lights

If your service is delayed, it is even more important that you regularly carry out the checks detailed above until the scheduled service is carried out.

Kind regards

Kia Customer Service "

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
24 Posts

"Hi John

• Exterior lights

Kind regards

Kia Customer Service "

I will add to this post if and when I hear from Kia again.
Hi John

Thanks for your timely update. My eniro is only seven weeks old. On delivery the display said 854 miles to next service, so it's now only less than twenty before that's due if it's true.
I wonder what's your on delivery?
I can do those three essential items until my dealer reopen in mid April to find out.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
What about not using the car? Isn't that an option?
This has no relevance because the service schedule is set on mileage covered or time frame.
You could leave the car on the drive for 12 or 18 months and it has never covered a single mile in distance, but the car will STILL request a call for service when you turn it back on !.
Most service requests are programmed into the brain of the car at the time of delivery.
Then will be set on time and distance basis, which EVER comes first.
Crazy, but true !.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi John

Thanks for your timely update. My eniro is only seven weeks old. On delivery the display said 854 miles to next service, so it's now only less than twenty before that's due if it's true.
I wonder what's your on delivery?
I can do those three essential items until my dealer reopen in mid April to find out.
Thanks
If it is only seven weeks old it sound like the service reminder has not been configured in the car. You should update it to 12 months or 10,000 miles.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This has no relevance because the service schedule is set on mileage covered or time frame.
You could leave the car on the drive for 12 or 18 months and it has never covered a single mile in distance, but the car will STILL request a call for service when you turn it back on !.
Most service requests are programmed into the brain of the car at the time of delivery.
Then will be set on time and distance basis, which EVER comes first.
Crazy, but true !.
It has relevance to everyone doing more than 10k miles per calendar year. Appreciate the point you're making but given the E-Niro only has a 10k service schedule I was working on the premise that mileage will come first for many if not most people. If the time has been exceeded they may get fussy but I would be much more confident arguing my case with a warranty company if they were saying I had missed the service schedule based on time. What realistically would they be arguing has deteriorated in two or three months of non use?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
It has relevance to everyone doing more than 10k miles per calendar year. Appreciate the point you're making but given the E-Niro only has a 10k service schedule I was working on the premise that mileage will come first for many if not most people. If the time has been exceeded they may get fussy but I would be much more confident arguing my case with a warranty company if they were saying I had missed the service schedule based on time. What realistically would they be arguing has deteriorated in two or three months of non use?
Point very well made !.
Being totally honest, going over by a few thousand miles on the mileage on an EV has less of an effect on the long term life of a vehicle than an ICE car.
Making a big fuss over having the car booked in either "bang on" the date or mileage for the day, then just to check the brake fluid level and topping up the washer bottle is no big deal in the great scheme of things.
Easy money the service cost on an EV.
This is a subject for another thread.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts