Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Covid, got rid of the I-Pace as it was sitting on the drive unused and also cancelled my Polestar order. Looking to possibly get back into one as im needing to 'commute' again.

Does the Ioniq5 (or Kia EV) have a tow bar option? I dont want to tow per-se, but carry bikes using a towbar mounted carrier i already have.

Have i missed the boat on placing a (pre) order for the Ioniq5 as i dont appear to be able to find anywhere to place said order?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Don't know about the Kia, but my understanding is that the Ioniq 5 AWD Long range variants are pre-wired for a towbar. The actual hardware is available as an optional extra.

Speak to a dealer about getting on the P45 waiting list if you are interested in getting the limited edition car, due in July. Otherwise normal cars will start arriving in the Autumn and will be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know about the Kia, but my understanding is that the Ioniq 5 AWD Long range variants are pre-wired for a towbar. The actual hardware is available as an optional extra.

Speak to a dealer about getting on the P45 waiting list if you are interested in getting the limited edition car, due in July. Otherwise normal cars will start arriving in the Autumn and will be a bit cheaper.
https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/4680/hyundai-ioniq-5-ev-electric-car-price-specs-release-date

it seems as thou the limited edition project 45 version are already all reserved. Other versions will go on sale in the UK in summer 2021, Yes i beileve in July.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Am i correct in saying that if i wanted a non-P45 model then pre-orders havent started, i havent missed the boat?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pre-orders for the Kia have just opened, £100 fully refundable deposit, so get on the list, you can cancel later if it doesn't work for you...

·
Registered
315 Posts
From what I understand the UK configuration website will be up in May ( I assume towards the end )

·
Registered
108 Posts
The specs and prices received a few days ago don't say anything about the tow bar option. I tried to use the 'speak to rep' facility, but the website wasn't playing nicely, so I have no idea about prices or availability of the tow bar. I would be interested if anyone here has more info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think regarding the tow bar in the UK, all cars come ‘pre wired’. Separate accessory will be available at a later late. So no actual factory towbar option as they are all prepped for it.

UK spec sheet shows ‘trailer wiring package’ as standard on all trim levels

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes as mentioned in the thread you can order the Ioniq 5 depending on the model and given a date of expected time of arrival (From production to delivery)
P45 expecting shipping notification soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My local dealer in Wokingham expecting a demo Ioniq 5 at the end of July.
[/QUOTE]

Hope the p45 is on that ship....
..earlier of course would be a bonus.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Theres a chap on pistonheads just managed to get a P45 for September delivery. Got the impression from his posts that there might be others available.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,574 Posts
Was the P45 £48000 after the grant was changed recently?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts