Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to needing another yearly service.
As every one knows, these are silly over priced affairs!

However, one thing I suppose that would be worth it is having any software fixes for ECU and battery firmware.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the latest versions are? I have leafspy so can then compare.
If I have the latest software then I really dont see the point in paying full dealership service costs!

Also, the dealership locally are not exactly the most clued in bunch and I had to get Nissan UK to intervene with them to get the rapidgate update! (Sadly, the next nearest dealership is just too far)

Thanks!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,568 Posts
Ecu updates are not always an improvement so if you have no issues I wouldn't bother until someone on here has a recommendation.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
642 Posts
I was informed by my dealer when I purchased my 40 Leaf 6 months ago that all relevant software updates had been done.

This is what my LeafSpy report shows:

Is this the same as yours?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ecu updates are not always an improvement so if you have no issues I wouldn't bother until someone on here has a recommendation.
It's more to do with warranty - the battery warranty required that firmware updates are applied, which is fair enough I suppose

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was informed by my dealer when I purchased my 40 Leaf 6 months ago that all relevant software updates had been done.

This is what my LeafSpy report shows:

View attachment 139721

Is this the same as yours?
Similar - there are some differences as you can see but not sure whether these are firmware differences or just different parts - mine is a 2018 40kW leaf.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
642 Posts
Similar - there are some differences as you can see but not sure whether these are firmware differences or just different parts - mine is a 2018 40kW leaf. View attachment 139780
Mine is the same year and model (2018 Tekna)

Do you have the electric parking brake?

Your charger software looks like a newer version than mine, I wonder if I actually have the rapidgate fix?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mines an accenta - manual parking brake.
Video on checking if you've got rapidgate fix installed-
Think you have looking at your version numbers but I cant quite remember now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts