Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a system update done at the dealer a few weeks back, and I'm not impressed.

So far...

Car has handed back with everything in kmh (yes I know in the UK we should have fully gone metric in the 70s, but we had a half hearted attempt). The option to revert it is hidden in the sat nav settings - but why - having the speed in the right measures is a critical car function.

Nav system randomly gives up. GPS tracks, but just randomly ends of not giving guidence and giving up.

Nav plans seem very bizarre compared to previously. Particularly when picking up on traffic issues.

The steering wheel buttons that used to change the radio stations no longer do that.

DAB reception seems notably worse.

Still no option to put something else on the right-side of the Android Auto display other than the words "Android Auto".

New default reversing cam view is now worse - the image doesn't fill the screen due to all the menu options.

Yes, the new splash screen with the subtlety abstracted nav view, and the new 'nature sounds' are pleasant, but this is several steps backwards.

Anyone find the same?

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kwh 2020 Premiem in Fiery Red
10 Posts
You’ll need to setup the steering wheel button that switches the media output again.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’ll need to setup the steering wheel button that switches the media output again.
Just tried this. All this option does is enable you to set the option button on the steering wheel to select the radio as a source.

The rocker up/down buttons next to the volume buttons continue to do nothing at all. Weird how they would actively break that.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38 Premium
22 Posts
This sounds pretty poor tbh. I'll be actively avoiding getting it upgraded despite prompts from the satnav that the maps are out of date.

Thx for the heads up.

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,159 Posts
Does it still change radio station when you put it in and out of reverse?
Mine does this, it switches to Classic FM regardless of what station I am listening to when I reverse.

·
Super Moderator
7,570 Posts
Mine does this, it switches to Classic FM regardless of what station I am listening to when I reverse.
Classic.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
32 Posts
20k service earlier today and I have similar head unit issues. Car was fine on collection but 6 hours later the infotainment screen crashed and the only thing is a spinning circle in the centre. Been like this for hours. Can we reboot?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Zero issues with mine since it was serviced and upgraded, the car no longer changes radio station when choosing reverse either which is great. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts