Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Soul arrives at the dealers tomorrow (hopefully) for pick up on Wednesday. I have asked them to make sure the car is updated to the latest firmware and maps versions.

Can someone confirm definitively please what versions numbers are the latest so I can check they have done as asked.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,712 Posts
I am not near ours but we got ours 2 months ago and dealer told me the cars (Niros/Souls) have the software updated upon arrival in the country and are then shipped to the dealers. We definitely have the latest software despite the car being stored somewhere since April over Covid. If nobody else posts I will take a look for you tomorrow. Great car by the way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had my Soul EV get the latest software last Friday and there seems to be a few things I've noticed. There's now a profile option (2 options) as soon as you start the car, and there's a new theme too overall. There's also a speed camera alert - but was this there before?

Here's a screenshot of the latest software version.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,085 Posts
@KingKitega how did you get the new update? I'm assuming you are in the UK?

Edit: my car has speed camera notifications, on what looks like the old firmware.

·
Registered
62 Posts
@KingKitega how did you get the new update? I'm assuming you are in the UK?

Edit: my car has speed camera notifications, on what looks like the old firmware.
I had an old version when I picked up the car so asked my local Kia dealership to install the latest one. Yes, in UK.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,085 Posts
@KingKitega can you please share your experience with the new soft/firmware? Any changes is speed? Or other functions? What does the profile do?

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
47 Posts
dealer told me the cars (Niros/Souls) have the software updated upon arrival in the country
possibly - though PDI is definitely supposed to update - in my case (vehicle arrived 12th sept) they didn't and it came to me with the .190424 software
dealer updated it a week or so later to the .191223 version. ( I think it depends on whether the dealer has a decent internet link to download the images - i had to go to a different branch.)

Obviously i was too early for that .200923 version which looks like the recent Niro variant - oh well, will ask for it later or at first service if no-one identifies anything useful - the niro variant seems to have added environment sounds and the colour scheme & apparently an engineering menu: OTA updates coming? Fingers Crossed!...

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still need to follow up with dealer because it was delivered with the old software. They tried to upgrade, told me they had done it but nothing changed in terms of software version. I will now push for this latest one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep, that's what I have. The menu system is very similar to that YouTube video posted above.

My dealership had great customer service. They collected my car and did it for free so definitely worth asking your local KIA service team. Main reason I asked for the latest software was I had the 'speed limit minus 1' issue on my HUD.

I haven't driven the car much during these strange times, but of anyone wants to know anything, I'll try have a play around with it tomorrow and answer any questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also having these issues. Picked mine up at end September. It was a showroom car and I asked them to ensure that upgrades were loaded which they confirmed. As son as I got it home I checked and it wasn’t!! They now say they do not have the latest version available!! This is very poor from Evans Halshaw who must be lying.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,085 Posts
Not sure what you mean by 'Profiles and Theme' could you explain please?
There is a video on YT, about an eNiro with the latest software. It clearly shows a profile/user name option, I am assuming linked to UVO.

The video is posted to the eNiro forum as well.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am also having these issues. Picked mine up at end September. It was a showroom car and I asked them to ensure that upgrades were loaded which they confirmed. As son as I got it home I checked and it wasn’t!! They now say they do not have the latest version available!! This is very poor from Evans Halshaw who must be lying.
Same story I got from my dealer. It's a bit like plaiting fog. Interesting you got the same message. When i realised that nothing had changed because i still had the speed limit - 1mph issue on the HUD, i spoke to them and had to email them a photo of my system info screen - i am sure they didn't believe me.

I missed an update call from them today. Hopefully they now have some positive news.

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
47 Posts
It just boils down to how tech savvy the dealer is/how good the Internet connection is.

The download from kia is allegedly 120GB - I suspect its probably 12GB. (given it has to fit onto a 32GB FAT file system)

The dealer needs to download this and pop it onto a USB stick - which involves several pitfalls for the novice.

Admittedly they should only need to download this once for each release and keep the USB sticks safe but....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure what you mean by 'Profiles and Theme' could you explain please?
Here's the new home screen, basically you can set 2 profiles (presume you can save certain favourite radio stations, destinations) and you swipe to get to the 'apps'. So makes it feel like a tablet experience.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,085 Posts
Thanks @KingKitega
Can you still edit what is shown on the Home Screen? Can you remove the weather and put EV, for example?

Sorry, but I do have a lot of questions... :eek: trying to decide whether it is worth the trip to dealer and £25 for the new software...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks @KingKitega
Can you still edit what is shown on the Home Screen? Can you remove the weather and put EV, for example?

Sorry, but I do have a lot of questions... :eek: trying to decide whether it is worth the trip to dealer and £25 for the new software...
Hi Todor, sorry I don't think it is possible to edit what's on the first screen, but the apps/icons can be rearranged on the other pages.

Shame your local dealer will charge you £25 to do the update.. I'm not sure it's really worth it in that case. Perhaps just wait for the next service and get it updated then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In response to some of the above, Kia support have told me before that the PDI doesn't include updates. However the car arrives at dealer, that's what SW you get. So you need to put it in the agreement that dealer will update before you take it away if you're worried about these things. And also check the system screen whilst at the dealer if you've just had an update - you'd think dealers check but they can be forgetful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts