Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have peoples experiences been ( in uk ) with getting Pod point chargers installed and how soon before did you order?

Did you ordered before the delivery of your car, did you have to pay full and then claim back the goverment grant after ?

We are expecting delivery in Feb, just wondering at which can I order to ensure a smooth transition to electric?

thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Had mine installed two years ago, lead time was about 2 weeks. I ordered before I picked up the car, you'll need the reg or VIN to get the grant - PodPoint sort all that out, you just pay the difference between the full price and the grant, i.e. it goes straight to them. For peace of mind I'd order ASAP given that Christmas is coming...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had one installed back when I had a Zoe. I bought the car second hand (financed) and once I had paid the deposit and the garage started the process of 'preparing' the car I was able to fill in the requisite forms through the Pod Point website, including a copy of the invoice with the deposit paid. Was then able to arrange the installation which was initially 14 days, but managed to reduce it to 10 days as the Mrs was expecting and the Zoe was going to be our 'main' car - we were advised charge point installers are usually able to do this.

My only criticism is that there is generally only 1 installer covering a certain area, and they can quite easily cancel, this happened to me when I was going to get another point installed but that's another story.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never got the opportunity to find out...

I went through to check out to see if they had a survey option for non-standard installs, but did not see anything so halted. They very quickly followed up with an E-Mail that I could check out anytime, but completely ignored my E-Mail reply asking further questions.

Actually, that’s been my experience with most installers in my area unfortunately

·
Registered
58 Posts
I started the process around october 23rd. Picked up car 27th, install booked for .... 28/11. So about 4-5 weeks in Scotland. I’m told due to a lack of installers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts