Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about to retire, and my elderly Ford Fiesta will be retiring with me. Lady Richard has a Motability car, so I don't need another full size car. However, for local pottering about and playing I quite fancy a Twizy.

Does anyone know what the approximate lead times are between ordering and delivery for a new Twizy in the UK?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Soul EV
2,555 Posts
Not sure if Twizy is still for sale new in the UK but have you considered a used one? They turn up with very low mileage and having rented one on holiday that had been seriously abused all its life for off road safari tours of fuertaventura and was still going strong. The battery lease is the only reason I don't have one for fun. But its a great little EV for running around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is still a current Renault model. Would consider a late mileage used one, but money isn't an issue and I'd prefer new given the choice.

·
EV fan since 2001
34 Posts
Hi Richard! I've been looking at Twizy's for the last few weeks, my local dealer told me upwards of 6-12 months! Called one in another town and got an answer of 3 months.

Think my local dealer is stretching the truth somewhat.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Problem with the Twizy is that it's near enough the same price as a Zoe, so assuming you don't live on the French Riviera why would you want one?

·
EV fan since 2001
34 Posts
Good point, mind it will be a 2014/15 model.

I think the Twizy has some endearing character to it, certainly you have to be in a position where it's just you in the car 99% of the time.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Where can I buy a Zoe for £7800 new?
Just did a quick Carwow search and got a quote of £9,942 for a brand new Zoe Dynamique Nav ZE40 (so not even the base Expression model, and this is with the larger 41kWh battery good for 150+ miles).

And once you add such "luxuries" as doors and an alarm to the Twizy it's £8,950.

The battery rental prices are identical on the two models (despite the fact that the Twizy's battery is nearly 7 times smaller than the Zoe's)

Like I said, the Twizy is near enough the same price as a Zoe.

·
EV fan since 2001
34 Posts
I guess it's horses for courses. Zoe is a fantastic car I'm sure but for those of us who want super back to basics motoring the Twizy ticks the box.

Battery rental is too high if you ask me though, needs to be a tenner a month. That would get the sales up I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I guess it's horses for courses. Zoe is a fantastic car I'm sure but for those of us who want super back to basics motoring the Twizy ticks the box.

Battery rental is too high if you ask me though, needs to be a tenner a month. That would get the sales up I'm sure.
Oh I bet the Twizy is great fun. But it needs to be £5-6k including all the options and an owned battery before it would make any sense for most people I think.

·
EV fan since 2001
34 Posts
Oh I bet the Twizy is great fun. But it needs to be £5-6k including all the options and an owned battery before it would make any sense for most people I think.
Agreed, price is too steep and as you rightly say coupled with the almost Zoe priced battery it's a tough ask.

I'm hoping to haggle my local dealer down to 5k on a 2017 used model, tall order I know but there's no way I'll be forking out the full asking price.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,736 Posts
Agreed, price is too steep and as you rightly say coupled with the almost Zoe priced battery it's a tough ask.
I agree kinda, but also kinda disasgree as the Twizy isn't a car it's a quadricycle surely you should compare it with something a Homologated quad bike your looking at £7k easy. Or a typical Honda motorbike closer to £10K. So is the Twizy expensive? Or do people think a bit of roof maketh a car?

I too would love a cheap Twizy, but accept they are not cheap, and maybe its because they are not actually a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts