Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have two leaf's watched, both about ok for mechanical state but one have 55k miles 12 bar, second have 20k miles and11 bar.

Is anything to throw away one from list?

12 bar, 12-15mC difference, 11 bars 20-25mV different between cells.

Soc is ok?

I'm new, I understand this second with low mileage have less range, but less mileage...

Any symptoms or just tired by age?

This 50+ miles is at daily use, thus 20+ was not used by last 2-3 months...

Regards Marcin
Screenshot_2021-07-21-17-42-37-760_com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro.jpg
Screenshot_2021-07-21-18-13-44-091_com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro.jpg

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
View attachment 147462 View attachment 147463

Attachments

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'd go for the one with the highest state of health personally.

What I would say is that any cell weakness gets more obvious as the battery discharges so you shouldn't directly compare a car charged to 93% with one charged to 50%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand problem with different charge and comparasion.

Bir background, this one with 50k miles is from middleman, three leaf's at garden and all have 12 bar's.

Even if have 70k miles on the clock.

For me it's bit unrealistic ;)

Another way of question:

This second with 20k miles, and 20-25mV cell differences.

This is typical wear or looks at to high?

I have no comparasion...

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,098 Posts
As above, you are not comparing like with like when they are at different SoC. The SoH figures also fluctuate with use but I suspect that the higher mileage one genuinely is a better bet from the perspective of the battery - they really do not like being sat with high % charge and that may be what has happened to the low mileage ones. I note that it has had proportionately more Rapid charges as well so the cells may have got hot more often.
Having said that I'd look at mechanical condition as well - the state of the suspension components and the mode of tyre wear can be significant.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,098 Posts
I understand problem with different charge and comparasion.

Bir background, this one with 50k miles is from middleman, three leaf's at garden and all have 12 bar's.

Even if have 70k miles on the clock.

For me it's bit unrealistic ;)

Another way of question:

This second with 20k miles, and 20-25mV cell differences.

This is typical wear or looks at to high?

I have no comparasion...

We found a three year old LEAF with 83% SoC at 9,000 miles and the price was right - four year later and 45,000 miles more it is at 84% and going strong.

It is not unknown for LEAFs to reach 70,000 miles on 12 bars (just, like the example at 54,000 you have shown above). But it is not much difference on an inexact and variable measure between 89.4% and 86.45%

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
742 Posts
Buy the lower milage one, if you charged the battery on that one to 92% that mV figure would drop to something similar, there is nothing wrong with either battery.

My 40 Leaf only has 18k on the clock and my mV reading was 16mV when I last checked @ 79% SOC.

Any figure around 20mV is totally normal for a leaf, if you top balanced it 10 times (charge to 100%) you would drop that mV figure by at least 6mV.

I would prefer to have 34k less on the suspension components / brakes the mV reading is irrelevant between these 2 LeafSpy reports those batteries are both in great shape.

I purchased a leaf with a low cell (93mV) and successfully rebalanced it back to 8mV I’m speaking from experience here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts