Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the attached letter from Nissan ahead of my 1st MOT on my apparently 80kW LEAF!!!! If only :) Only 56kW out though, do these office people know anything about the products?

"We have rewarded you with a complimentary MOT Test Warranty, which covers you up to £750 of repairs"

So is this really a big thing? Is it all that? The other side of the letter is flooded with a barrage of small print T&C.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
My MOT due in one month. I have just received a letter saying CONGRATULATIONS please ring your Nissan dealer for an offer exclusive to you! Haven't rang them yet but obviously not that exclusive. Already bartered down an MOT/service to £110 from my local Nissan dealer as I pointed out they don't do anything for their £220 anyway. Only stay with Nissan to maintain the battery warranty.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind standing correct where applicable but who on earth talks about a 80kW Leaf?

£110 for MOT/service is very good. I am going to shop around. Incidentally I phoned the number of the letter to get a MOT price and perhaps book it in, but I just ended up dialing some Nissan Leeds warranty service line. They said they deal with the scheme.

I was wondering in particular, unless you get a really great Nissan servicer, does this MOT warranty thing not risk a less impartial MOT?

·
Super Moderator
7,234 Posts
I don't mind standing correct where applicable but who on earth talks about a 80kW Leaf?
80kw means 80 kilowatt, it's a power measure, like horsepower.
24kwh means 24kwh, it's a capacity measure, like gallons.

So it would make perfect sense to say "105bhp Leaf" not so much to say 0.57gallon Leaf, in the same way "have you seen my new fiesta? It's got a 140 horsepower fuel tank and a power output of 45 litres!" makes zero sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts