Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Historically, there are always delays when new models come out - to do with newly discovered issues and such. Nissan has a history of doing it.
What then, perhaps they put the steering wheel on the wrong side? He says his car is ready in storage in Holland for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the dealer said the official market launch for Germany is around mid March and hence no car could be delivered earlier.. not even the 2.zero pre-orders from last october :( makes no sense to me as well as they now have nearly 30 cars standing around, waiting for their angry customers ;)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Maybe it's because they're made in the UK so locals don't wish to embarrass the local manufacturer VW after all its woes. The last thing they want is to be shown up by a great product built in the UK!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Ordered October for "From end Jan", then expected 16 Feb delivery, now delayed to end Feb.

Fortunately we bought our Zoe PCP out, otherwise would have been carless for a month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Zoe (even the 41kWh version) looks so dated and miserable compared to what I've seen so far in videos and in person.
Honestly it's been a great car... We went for Leaf partly in hope it will have more space for family and partly because of Zoe lead time (not helped by Ashford Renault taking our money and telling us they had placed the order for a month, before deciding they couldn't provide the order form or honour their price)...

If Leaf is as good all round we'll be satisfied.

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts
Zoe (even the 41kWh version) looks so dated and miserable compared to what I've seen so far in videos and in person.
So far the New Leaf looks great (except for retro speedometer!) but it is priced (actual not list) and sized to be compared against the IONIQ and eGolf rather than the Zoe. In that class I probably still prefer the IONIQ, but the lack of any remote connectivity would stop me buying.

On my experience week I was more impressed by the Zoe 22kWh than I expected to be and as our second car the Zoe 40kWh will fit the bill very well. We ordered in Dec so got the higher discount and 4 year warranty - lets hope it arrives in June as "promised".

·
Registered
385 Posts
So far the New Leaf looks great (except for retro speedometer!) but it is priced (actual not list) and sized to be compared against the IONIQ and eGolf rather than the Zoe. In that class I probably still prefer the IONIQ, but the lack of any remote connectivity would stop me buying.

On my experience week I was more impressed by the Zoe 22kWh than I expected to be and as our second car the Zoe 40kWh will fit the bill very well. We ordered in Dec so got the higher discount and 4 year warranty - lets hope it arrives in June as "promised".
Proddick, the new LEAF has a digital speed as well as the analogue. It's in the menu on the steering wheel. Roll through to the compass and it sits alongside the analogue on, clear as a bell through the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks, I should have said I found the Canadian ones - which is a nice taster but so much is/will be different in the EU/UK ...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks, I should have said I found the Canadian ones - which is a nice taster but so much is/will be different in the EU/UK ...
I've yet to find any UK Leaf manuals online!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd prefer a PDF to the paper one I've got truth be told (much easier to Control-F/Cmd-F a PDF to find things quickly!), but I've not found one yet. Even the Nissan Owners' App doesn't have the new Leaf manual yet. There are several differences between the US/Canada manual and the printed one I've got... a few more than I expected to be honest! Although maybe 80-90% of it is the same.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd prefer a PDF to the paper one I've got truth be told (much easier to Control-F/Cmd-F a PDF to find things quickly!), but I've not found one yet. Even the Nissan Owners' App doesn't have the new Leaf manual yet. There are several differences between the US/Canada manual and the printed one I've got... a few more than I expected to be honest! Although maybe 80-90% of it is the same.
Aaron, I know you'll be aware of this but for others who don't the UK car is different in many ways from those on the Continent, Japan or the US/Canada. The suspension is different as is the charger plus the rear view mirror....just thought I'd say, hence the UK manual will be different from the US/Canada....cause they don't speak English Propper
Like...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Aaron, I know you'll be aware of this but for others who don't the UK car is different in many ways from those on the Continent, Japan or the US/Canada. The suspension is different as is the charger plus the rear view mirror....just thought I'd say, hence the UK manual will be different from the US/Canada....cause they don't speak English Propper
Like...
Yeah I'll definitely second that, there's quite a lot of differences! Even in the UK manual (which I'm assuming is shared with Europe) it's got loads of sections split into two sections saying that the left-hand drive vehicles do things one way and our right-hand drive vehicles do things another way. For example, reversing beeps -- LHD vehicles get reversing tones the entire time the vehicle is in reverse, and we don't in the RHD version.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah I'll definitely second that, there's quite a lot of differences! Even in the UK manual (which I'm assuming is shared with Europe) it's got loads of sections split into two sections saying that the left-hand drive vehicles do things one way and our right-hand drive vehicles do things another way. For example, reversing beeps -- LHD vehicles get reversing tones the entire time the vehicle is in reverse, and we don't in the RHD version.
Plus most of the vehicles supplied to Europe as demonstrators and press cars were made in Japan and shipped over. All the vehicles supplied from now on will be made in Sunderland so there will be differences there as well.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts
About this Discussion
210 Replies
51 Participants
MetalHead
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing