Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
For example, reversing beeps -- LHD vehicles get reversing tones the entire time the vehicle is in reverse, and we don't in the RHD version.
Thank goodness they didn't lumber us with that! I don't know if the "pedestrian alert" sound is different from the old Leaf, but I didn't find it intrusive on my test drive, just a gentle whine - certainly not enough to make me want to turn it off (if that's even possible), unlike Leaf 24/30 drivers, it seems.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Yeah I'll definitely second that, there's quite a lot of differences! Even in the UK manual (which I'm assuming is shared with Europe) it's got loads of sections split into two sections saying that the left-hand drive vehicles do things one way and our right-hand drive vehicles do things another way. For example, reversing beeps -- LHD vehicles get reversing tones the entire time the vehicle is in reverse, and we don't in the RHD version.
Nissan originally included reversing beeps in the UK... until they discovered it is illegal for UK cars to have them! (They're fine for lorries, buses etc.)
The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986
Previously discussed here at Enable reverse buzzer on UK spec, UK built Nissan LEAF?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank goodness they didn't lumber us with that! I don't know if the "pedestrian alert" sound is different from the old Leaf, but I didn't find it intrusive on my test drive, just a gentle whine - certainly not enough to make me want to turn it off (if that's even possible), unlike Leaf 24/30 drivers, it seems.
I don't really remember what it was like in the 30kWh Leaf as I only had a brief test-drive in that back in September, but its really quiet. I don't mind it, and the idea of turning it off seems a bit dangerous! As much as it would be cool for it to be almost totally silent, pedestrians need to have some way of knowing you're there!

Nissan originally included reversing beeps in the UK... until they discovered it is illegal for UK cars to have them! (They're fine for lorries, buses etc.)
The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986
Previously discussed on SpeakEV at Enable reverse buzzer on UK spec, UK built Nissan LEAF?
I always wondered why that was, I'd guessed it was the 23:30-07:00 thing (99.1.b) and was confused as to why the "VSP off" switch wouldn't suffice to slience it during those times, but having read the gov.uk link you pasted there it seems pretty clear that it's 99.3.a that's the issue instead. Given that this is from 1986, the only major type of EVs in use back then were probably milk floats, and they had a pretty loud whine if I remember correctly! Seems like perhaps it should be reworked to include EVs in the permitted list though, just because they're otherwise so very quiet... almost too quiet to be safe!

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Test drive new Leaf at Marshall’s Grantham yesterday with the ever-knowledgable Barry. Thought it was better in nearly every way than my 30kWh version. Faster, better handling, better ride, more rear and boot space and presumably around 30% better range.

What will stop me trading up though is the lack of upgrade in the driving position seat comfort and range of seat movement. I have always found the car quite uncomfortable and cramped despite only being 5’10”. The new car seems no better. And I really still prefer the speedo position on the old one. Shame really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
just got news, my 2.zero order got pushed back until end if march... new orders have a delivery date of at least august or september according to the dealer (Germany and Austria).

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
just got news, my 2.zero order got pushed back until end if march... new orders have a delivery date of at least august or september according to the dealer (Germany and Austria).
Hopefully, mine is still on track to be delivered to my dealer in week ending Friday 9th April (UK). It was initially pre-ordered 10th January, with firm order placed on 3rd February. However it's the pre-order date that counts, as as my dealer said, if I had decided not to go ahead, it would be snapped up by someone else in any case.

As an aside, does anyone know how close they are to running out of the 1,500 Leaf 2.ZEROs they say they are going to make in total?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered my leaf Acenta 3 weeks ago with an expected date of mid August. Dealer said a Tekna is December if you order now.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ordered my leaf Acenta 3 weeks ago with an expected date of mid August. Dealer said a Tekna is December if you order now.
I've heard that there's some issue with the Tekna "leather" hence the long lead times for that spec.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts