Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaf 2 Windscreen replacement - Autoglass or other - Heads up... taken from another social-media post..

Exercise extreme caution over fitting of non-OEM replacement windscreens.
These, it appears do not refract light exactly the same as the genuine Nissan-branded glass (dealer part), that can prevent problems with the driving camera calibration.
So insist on genuine 'dealer part' Nissan-branded windscreens for the type 2 Leaf's that have the windscreen mounted driver assist camera mounted behind the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nissan also say that part of the noise reduction design in the Leaf is a special treatment of the glass. Whether the difference would be noticeable, who knows?

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
618 Posts
I had a 40Kwh original 2 zero, the window screen was very susceptible to damage, I had 2 very small stone chips right in the line of vision which were annoying. Then a tractor throw a stone up which hit the passengers side window screen leaving a massive chip that I had to have resin filled by auto glass.

Looking back, I think that window screen was poor quality compared with one I have fitted to the 62Kwh that I have now. Recently I have had several stones thrown up and bouncing off the window screen which left marks which just rubbed off with a cloth. ( I am temping fate here, l know)

It just appears to be superior quality, perhaps they changed supplier due to quality issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts