Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
First time post here. I have a Leaf 2.Zero on order and am about to return our Leaf 24 that we’ve had for nearly 4 yrs. It seems that our home charger will now have the wrong plug, the Leaf 2.Zero requiring a type 2 home charger whilst the Leaf 24 used a type 1, is this correct?

Fortunately we had the 7kw wiring put in initially but I’m worried about the plug. The silly dealer seemed to think we could apply for a grant to install a new one but of course we have already used the grant once before so are in elligible.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
See point 8 in the HCU offer section towards the bottom.
Welcome

8. If you purchase a Nissan LEAF 2.ZERO exclusive launch edition you are eligible for either a 3.6kW or a 7kW charger for free (subject to your premises compatibility)

·
Registered
14,840 Posts
I think you can use the grant approach as it is a new car and it’s more than six months since the last grant award.

Alternatively get the tethered lead swapped for a Type 2 or untethered, so you have options. What make is your chargepoint?

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
In attached, see section 1.6c point 10 which says you can have a free upgrade. Your dealer should have known this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
I think you can use the grant approach as it is a new car and it’s more than six months since the last grant award
The grant form you have to sign says you have never claimed on current or previous schemes. The only exception is if you have two plug in cars.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Isn't that only for PodPoint or Chargemaster though?
Yes, if someone wishes to pay for something else themselves they'll save Nissan some money!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yes, if someone wishes to pay for something else themselves they'll save Nissan some money!
I meant I read that to mean in the document you quoted that Nissan will only pay for the cable upgrade if the existing charger is by PodPoint or Chargemaster. You seemed to assert that they would in this case.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke to the dealer this morning who admitted the mistake. I was told it will be sorted out free of charge and I’m waiting to be contacted by PodPoint. I’ll keep posting updates as I make progress. Thanks to all for the rapid advice so far.....a very friendly and useful forum!

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
Well, it is a different car...
I guess everyone has to make their own mind up on what the questions on the form mean and how comfortable they are with their answers and any risk ;).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts