Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received the notification from my Nissan dealer that my 24 kWh Leaf is due it's annual service. The car is 5 years old so my service plan has now expired and I don't see a benefit to continuing the main dealer history, unless there is a new software update available for my car?

Does anyone know if there is a new update for Leafs of this era?

·
Registered
470 Posts
There are some updates, but my experience is that nissan are totally unwilling to apply them unless the car is actually "faulty". I would not consider software updates from nissan to be a reason to continue having the car serviced at a main dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For what it's worth, you also get a years free breakdown cover when it's serviced at a main dealer...
Really? Any leaf?
I'm buying a used one (2014) from a dealer this weekend, it was serviced there in July. Will this be eligible?
Salesman didn't mention this....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Really? Any leaf?
I'm buying a used one (2014) from a dealer this weekend, it was serviced there in July. Will this be eligible?
Yep. My 2011 Leaf got breakdown cover free as part of the Nissan dealer service. It's one of the big positives, and offsets the high cost of the service

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really? Any leaf?
I have a 2014 LEAF Tekna and one of the reasons I have it serviced at my local main dealer is the quoted '12 months free RAC breakdown cover every time we service your Nissan - saving you £95'. It's also on the Nissan website so it looks like a nationwide scheme. It should be transferable, so, providing it was serviced at a main dealer, it should come with the car.
Good luck..!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 LEAF Tekna and one of the reasons I have it serviced at my local main dealer is the quoted '12 months free RAC breakdown cover every time we service your Nissan - saving you £95'. It's also on the Nissan website so it looks like a nationwide scheme. It should be transferable, so, providing it was serviced at a main dealer, it should come with the car.
Good luck..!
Wow, it just keeps getting better!
I will ensure with the dealer this weekend on collection.

Do they give you an AA card or something?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, it just keeps getting better!
I will ensure with the dealer this weekend on collection.

Do they give you an AA card or something?
No, there's no card.
Providing it was Serviced by a Nissan main dealer, look for a piece of paper called 'Maintenance Record'. On that there should be a box titled Nissan Electric Vehicle Pan European Roadside Assistance. It shows the End Date (in your case should be July 2020) and the assistance nos to call. According to my paperwork, the cover is operated by the RAC in the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
tugwash
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing