Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lurked for a while. A job change involving a commute means I need an EV. I have a maximum of £10k to spend, looking for a battery owned EV, my longest daily mileage would be 50 miles, so which one is the car to go for ? I would appreciate your wisdom.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I would say the Zoe, largely due to the fact that battery degradation is very minimal relative to the Leaf's, but battery owned 22kWh Zoe's are rare as hen's teeth.

You're also going to struggle to fine one ≤£10k due to their rarity, unless you go for the lower spec Zen/Expression model. Think there are a couple on AT at the moment. The Dynamiques tend to go for around £12k. You can get lucky if you keep an eye out though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say the Zoe, largely due to the fact that battery degradation is very minimal relative to the Leaf's, but battery owned 22kWh Zoe's are rare as hen's teeth.

You're also going to struggle to fine one ≤£10k due to their rarity, unless you go for the lower spec Zen/Expression model. Think there are a couple on AT at the moment. The Dynamiques tend to go for around £12k. You can get lucky if you keep an eye out though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I have found 2 Dynamiques, one white one silver sub 20k miles for 9.5k. Both battery owned. 2015 models. I am going to try one on Thursday. I like the Leaf but worry about the batteries.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Just make sure they are battery owned models. It's all to common for dealers to list them as 'i' models, when they are in fact leased. Ringing RCI, looking for the 'i' badge on the back and checking the model specification on the inside of the door jam are all methods you can use.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
You could go for an Ampera - you'll get 45 miles summer, 35 in winter, so will often be using some petrol. But zero range anxiety, and they're usually proving to be very reliable high mileage cars. One in USA has done >400k miles and is on originall battery just fine. There are a few now that are out of warranty, but under 10k and still running beautifully. Have a read in the GM section if interested, there's a great guide to buying one with lots of good advice & tips. But expiring warranties may mean too risky for you? Depends on your attitude to risk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts