Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just to give you an update, Insurance company has valued the Car at 9,400 and there is no option to purchase the old car as of yet.
I am looking to get this increased but they are saying since your LEAF is VISIA and there are no Visia out there , you can not use the Autotrader lising pricing of Accenta to make use for the valuation of your car.

I am slightly disappointed as there is no way I can get like for like car on that price with similar mileage and age.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Closest I can find is a March 2016 registered visia.

Tell the insurance company its not your fault if the car is a less common trim level, you need to be able to buy the closest that is available, so thats a 2015 leaf with similar mileage or a 2016 visia if thats all there is.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If the dealer is offering a same model, but a year younger and with less miles for £10,300 then the insurance offer of £9,400 is staggeringly good...!

Perhaps consider GAP insurance. You can get 5-year policies that will give you replacement vehicle cover for very little. Around £250, or £50/year.

I don't know when you bought your 15plate Leaf, but you would be getting a Leaf identical to the one you the day you bought it if you had a policy in place.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We have a 15 plate visia+ (added alloys and a much bigger reversing camera) and I would say it is worth 7.5k so you seem to have an amazing offer and generally you can talk them up a bit too.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,654 Posts
427556F0-D280-4827-B23D-50E7CCFF7E39.png

For only £400 more than the insurance payout you could get this 2016 model with only 8k miles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you look at prices in general these LEAFs depreciate by about £1,000 per year and £500 per 10,000 miles. Given that the example above is a year younger and 16,000 miles less then you have done brilliantly getting such a high valuation out of your insurance company. You will also benefit from the warranty provided by the seller which may well be more than you had (remaining) on your previous LEAF.
At the end of the day the best news is that your family weren't seriously hurt and you are not losing hugely financially.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You are getting a good price because the insurance is getting good price for write off because everything EV is getting good prices.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
If your thinking of repairing, then bear in mind a lot of insurers wont insure previously written off cars. Its also often hidden away in the small print, so they'll happily take your money and you only find out when you claim. If the airbags have gone off, then personally i'd suggest its not worth fixing.

Buying back the car is a different point however. Depending on how much they want, its possible you could make decent money either breaking it, or even just selling it on for "spares or repair". But clearly you need to do a bit of research into prices before deciding, unless the offer is ludicrously low.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks for replies everyone. looks like offer I have from insurance company is good and I will accept that.

I have decided to take this opportunity to upgrade my car to 30Kwh 2016 tekna model. I need to put around 2.5K out of my own pocket but its worth it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts