Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As one of the very first Leaf owners in the country my Leaf is due its 3 year service and of course its first MOT.

I will be getting it done at the dealer from whom we bought the car... JFE Nissan, Exeter.

I have been quoted the service at £125 and the MOT at £54. I get free roadside assistance with that.

Last year I had the 2 year service done at FJ Chalke, Wincanton as they were £30 cheaper so perhaps I could get it cheaper again but to be honest, it turned out to be a bad choice. FJ Chalke were great and I had no complaints but their rapid charger broke the day I had the service and I couldn't get back. Had I used JFE and no tried to save £30 I would have saved myself a day of hassle getting back because even if the charger at JFE broke I had an easy journey by train back home. It is JFE all the way now and I like them anyway :)

I have asked them specifically to make sure I have the very latest software as mine hasn't been updated for over a year now.

Service is mid-March.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Is there any requirement for a Leaf MOT to be carried out by a Nissan dealer?

I'm not inclined to give Nissan any more money than I have to - thinking of just taking it to the local garage.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@fenlander I certainly understand where you are coming from but servicing is not carried out by Nissan as such... it is the dealer and unless it is West Ways then it is a private and independent company. Nissan won't see much of your service money I would imagine.

I have had good service from my dealer so I am more than happy to support and use them especially as it then extends my free recovery for another year. :)

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Is there any requirement for a Leaf MOT to be carried out by a Nissan dealer?
No requirement from Tesla and my MOT was carried out by a third party. However, it did take three attempts to find someone with a car lift that could cope with the ground clearance of the Roadster :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts