Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 66 plate 90k mile leaf 30 has lost 3 bars and I'm expecting the 4th to drop shortly.

The local nissan dealer is not great. I spoke to them when we lost 2 bars in a month/1000miles and their response was that it was wear and tear not covered by warranty....

I'm interested in any experiences people have had with getting battery replacement. Are nissan reasonable about things or can I expect a fight?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Have you actually checked whats going on with LEAFSpy? It might be a bad cell for instance, which is definitely something they'll sort under warranty

see the other thread about firmware update too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yes - doesnt seem to be a single bad cell - they are fairly consistent.
Range today at 75% charge was only showing 65 miles.

I've seen the firmware threads but tbh leafspy is showing under 70%soh, I think the battery is on the way out. All was great up to about 85K, (leafspy saying 92%) but really started falling off last summer.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Thats one of the things the firmware fix seems to fix. Mines on 62k and has also fallen off a cliff these past 10k. I presume some sort of accumulated error over time.

Check to see if your on the 6A firmware, and if so, try to get it booked in for an upgrade and see what happens.

How many GID's showing on a full charge?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts