Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
269 Posts
One thing I couldn't find was what blue or red means on the charge graph. Newbies eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
One thing I couldn't find was what blue or red means on the charge graph. Newbies eh? :rolleyes:
Balancing in progress - this just tries to equalise the cells. Different to Top balance when battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
269 Posts
Balancing in progress - this just tries to equalise the cells. Different to Top balance when battery is fully charged.
So the blue ones are already balanced and the red are in progress?

·
Registered
195 Posts
So no one sees anything obviously wrong in the leafspy shots? I remember a while ago there was a plot of expected degradation over time for the various leaf models - does anyone have it or know of an updated version? 13% loss in less than 4 years just seems high to me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
So no one sees anything obviously wrong in the leafspy shots? I remember a while ago there was a plot of expected degradation over time for the various leaf models - does anyone have it or know of an updated version? 13% loss in less than 4 years just seems high to me.
If you have LeafSpy Pro, enable service menu in settings and look at the ECU versions. HV battery firmware us the key. Post a screenshot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is keep an eye on cells that are low.

Cell 20 is low on two screenshots. See if you can drag it until you get very low battery warning and then take a screenshot

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
So you have 4NR6A.. there's isn't any firmware update for that.

That used to be over optimistic in their SoH calculations

So if it is optimistic, it could be even worse. I'll just have to accept that my battery is degrading quickly. I'm doing everything I can to help it along - e.g. not leaving at 100% etc

I'll keep an eye on Cell 20.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf Accenta 30kWh, 3.3kW, 2017
1 Posts
I use this

The orange variant is 14.99

Just for information, I got my Leaf on Saturday and bought the orange BT dongle linked above and it didn't work ([ASE] Bluetooth Read Error) which I suspect is because they've updated it and is no longer compatible. However, rather than go through trial and error with other BT dongles, went with the WiFI version (the blue one that is actually linked) and can confirm it worked.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Just for information, I got my Leaf on Saturday and bought the orange BT dongle linked above and it didn't work ([ASE] Bluetooth Read Error) which I suspect is because they've updated it and is no longer compatible. However, rather than go through trial and error with other BT dongles, went with the WiFI version (the blue one that is actually linked) and can confirm it worked.
Didn’t realise blue version was BT. I have WiFi version and it has been working well for almost 2 years. Apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 55 of 55 Posts