Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I have a 14 month old Leaf on 36 month PCP from Wessex Garages. We've had some confusion over servicing. When we were being sold it, they guy said something about it only needing one service in the 36 month period (the second being due on the day it is returned, so not our problem). We were also quoted "About £80". So when I got a text from them after the first 12 months saying it needed to be booked in, I emailed said guy and he replied with:

"If you have the vehicle collected via RCI finance before it is two years old the service is classed as due not missed. The day it becomes missed they can then charge you. You have only received an automated reminder from us. "

...which was confusing but I took to mean don't worry about it. Anyway, two months later I started to think about it again and thought I'd call them. They said it definately needed a 12 month service, and promptly booked me in. Only now, it costs £169 (!!) and it should have a service every 12 months.

This is my first ever dealings with car dealerships, so I don't know how much they just say at you to try and sell you the car. Now I've looked at the small print and it does say 12 months but I feel like I've been deliberately confused by their wishy washy messages. Should it be done every 12 months even though it's brand new? Is £169 reasonable when it is an EV? Has this invalidated the warranty? Is 2 months late classed as "Missed"? Should I have stuck with my bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Its in the service handbook in the drivers pack,service every 12 months,as for warranty voiding no idea .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Good news is you've gotten it all in email form rather than by phone.

Log into the RCI portal and raise a message, including the text from the email, they'll be able to confirm whether it's a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts