Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Not heard anything official, but my Leaf 40 goes in on Tuesday to be checked by my local dealer, organised by the ‘managing directors office’ of Nissan due to my complaints regarding the charging issues.

I wonder what they will find. I’m not expecting there to g s problem with the car, but if there is an upgrade I wonder if they will know about it? They didn’t know about the grabby brake update until I told them about it a couple of years ago on my Leaf24.

·
Leave in a Leaf
478 Posts
I suspect - but don't know - that this is a combination of sloppy language and sloppy thinking.

I think that somewhere the BMS upgrade for the 30kW Leaf (which is definitely being done) has been confused with sorting out rapigate on the 40kW Leaf. It seems unlikely that rapidgate can be fixed just with software.
It would be very easy for Nissan to clarify the situation - even if it's not all good news................?

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
They didn’t know about the grabby brake update until I told them about it a couple of years ago on my Leaf24.
Sorry to hijack the thread but is this the brakes being slow to respond when first pushing the pedal and then having a point where they are suddenly applied harder?
I asked if there was anything that could be done with mine and told they couldn't.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but is this the brakes being slow to respond when first pushing the pedal and then having a point where they are suddenly applied harder?
I asked if there was anything that could be done with mine and told they couldn't.
No, it’s where you are driving very slowly in stop start traffic and the brakes feel like you can’t slow down smoothly. They ‘grab’ then let go, then ‘grab’ then let go and even though you are putting the same gentle pressure on the brake pedal. Feels like you are head banging the steering wheel. Not great for passengers either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suspect - but don't know - that this is a combination of sloppy language and sloppy thinking.

I think that somewhere the BMS upgrade for the 30kW Leaf (which is definitely being done) has been confused with sorting out rapigate on the 40kW Leaf. It seems unlikely that rapidgate can be fixed just with software.
It would be very easy for Nissan to clarify the situation - even if it's not all good news................?
sadly, it is what i think too

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My Leaf went into the dealer today to have the throttled charging looked at (I had complained on twitter) They also checked my radar as I thought there was a problem.

They did a software update, but they said this should have been done at PDI and hopefully sorted the radar out. I will find out tomorrow. As for the software update, I have no idea what it was. Yet. Maybe my contact at the managing directors office will be able to enlighten me.

Reactions: George Tyler

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
132 Posts
@MikeProcter - what was the throttle charging problem you reported? Also, am interested about the software update to as well. Need to book my car in as there is an annoying rattle in the drivers door...

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
@MikeProcter - what was the throttle charging problem you reported? Also, am interested about the software update to as well. Need to book my car in as there is an annoying rattle in the drivers door...
#rapidgate.......

Reactions: George Tyler

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
@MikeProcter what was up with your car's radar?
On setting 3 it was less than 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front, so, too close. I’ll find out tomorrow if it is any better, as I will be using the wonderful M23 again. I seem to live on it!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts

No, it’s where you are driving very slowly in stop start traffic and the brakes feel like you can’t slow down smoothly. They ‘grab’ then let go, then ‘grab’ then let go and even though you are putting the same gentle pressure on the brake pedal. Feels like you are head banging the steering wheel. Not great for passengers either.
My L24 suffers from this occasionally.

You saying there's a software update to fix?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My L24 suffers from this occasionally.

You saying there's a software update to fix?
Yes, unless it has already been done!

Thee is a long thread in the 24/30 Leaf section about it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hmmmm not certain if believe the software update line from them. A common IT line to get rid of the person sometimes ("We've ran an update....see how it goes now" typre thing) Shame there's no way (that I can tell) to check what firmware the car is running.

Likewise, some cars, like my own, are done at a 3rd party PDI centre, which is why they end up without TCU activated etc as they haven't got the capability

Edit :

I wonder, has anyone tried this yet to see if works on the Leaf 40?

I wonder if the submenu "Version Information" will give any info

(I'm also wondering if it will enable the 360 camera when driving

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I se that Zap Map have now edited the article to remove reference to a software upgrade. I thought it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I se that Zap Map have now edited the article to remove reference to a software upgrade. I thought it was too good to be true.
Bet they didn't apologise for the error?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
...Edit :

I wonder, has anyone tried this yet to see if works on the Leaf 40?

.....(I'm also wondering if it will enable the 360 camera when driving
From the Maintenance Menu, it doesn't show the view from the camera unless you put the car in Reverse, on my LEAF30 March 2017.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I tried pressing the camera button while driving at 30mph..... doesn’t work.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I tried the code combo on my 40kwh...doesn't seem to work - guess they've changed the combo (that and the buttons are laid out differently)

TVEV......that's a shame if that's the case. If any 24/30 users decide to try, read whilst searching - that music has to be turned OFF before pressing the combo for it to access that menu.

Would like to see what information is given on the Version Information page if only could figure out how to access it

1 - 20 of 513 Posts